Quantcast

New Roco WC Coil Prob?

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Whats up guys. I swapped a 08 Roco WC on my blindside when I air up the Res with my Fox pump to lets say 200psi some air leaks out when i pull the pump off like usuall but when I put the pump back on to see where my PSI is at, it shows zero but if I press in the the valve air comes out so it has air in it..... But it shows zero psi on my fox pump?? Thanks for the help

Also I swapped my 700lb spring from DHX to the WC it still feels very plush , the 700lb spring and DHX on the BS was on the stiff side but on the WC with the 700lb it feels way to plush is that just how the WC feels?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
My guess is that the pump is not depressing the valve core (at all) when you thread it on. The valve core could be over-tightened and too far down in the valve..or the pump might not thread on far enough to depress the core (tolerance stacking).

On some pumps, the center part of the pump head is adjustable, but it is more than likely the valve on the shock.

The ROCO has no 'platform' or seperate dedicated low speed comp like the DHX ..so it should feel 'plusher' at parking-lot or 'push-down' speeds. Sag should be very similar though.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I was thinking the same thing on the valve, that or might want to try another pump, see if it fits better. As far as teh feel, Exactly as DaveP put it, just a different shock setup, with two different valve systems

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
I guess I will try a diff pump, I mean just sitting on the bike it sag a good amount compared to the DHX, I think the BS linkage is also very flexy I dont really have any ride time on the bike to tell yet, but I think I should be fine with a 700lb spring on the Roco WC I mean the 700lb spring was fine when I had the DHX on there. But I was wondering if there was no air going into the valve when I pump it up the psi goes up I can pump it up to 200psi I take the pump off some air escapes like in all shocks but when I put the pump back on to see where the psi is at it reads zero? Thanks for the help

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah when it reads 200psi it'd just be reading the amount you're pressurizing inside the pump, and valve/valve core (because obviously not much air is getting past there).

If the shock was actually at 200psi, and the pump was connecting to the valve properly, it would read ~150psi when you reconnected it. The roco does have a pretty tucked away valve so it's usually a bit of a pain to connect to it correctly even with the right pump.

Use a different pump, make sure the valve core is working, clean, and in good shape (visually at least)... and ensure the pump fitting is threading completely onto the valve. Try a few pumps (friend's etc) until you actually get a reading when you pump it up to 200psi, remove the pump, and put it back on.