Quantcast

New Saint. Finally.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pretty much the standard in Canada.
Phillips are for bitches.
It really is the greatest bigly standard of all time. Phillips is just stupid all around. Flathead? No thanks.

And there are only a few sizes really. Why does every shitty bit set come with 28 phillips bits?

Greatest things of robertson are the low chances of rounding it out and being able to stick the fastener on the bit and it holding without a magnet.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It really is the greatest bigly standard of all time. Phillips is just stupid all around. Flathead? No thanks.

And there are only a few sizes really. Why does every shitty bit set come with 28 phillips bits?

Greatest things of robertson are the low chances of rounding it out and being able to stick the fastener on the bit and it holding without a magnet.
The really stupid thing about Phillips is they are designed to cam out under high torque.
At least they tried to fix it with Posidrive, the "other" Phillips which is designed not to cam out. Hey, some of that old Tool and Die stuff actually stuck.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If you haven't ever seen a chainring damaged up or a chain jam between a chainring and frame you should send your bikes to me. Not to be worked on. So they actually get ridden ;)
I have. back in the day of triple chainrings. but those aren't a thing anymore.

I feel like maybe these direct mount rings were invented to lighten the whole crank assembly in the days of single rings. 104bcd was limiting for people who wanted smaller than 30t chainrings. Of course, that's been rendered moot by 50t cogs, but nevertheless.

I'm ambivalent about chainrings nowadays. as long as them continue to make them with a 48mm chainline. oh wait. :doh:

:butcher:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have. back in the day of triple chainrings. but those aren't a thing anymore.

I feel like maybe these direct mount rings were invented to lighten the whole crank assembly in the days of single rings. 104bcd was limiting for people who wanted smaller than 30t chainrings. Of course, that's been rendered moot by 50t cogs, but nevertheless.

I'm ambivalent about chainrings nowadays. as long as them continue to make them with a 48mm chainline. oh wait. :doh:

:butcher:
North Shore Billet :thumb: Free shipping too.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Shut up you idiots you're giving the lizard overlords ideas....

Now my next cranks are going to have one bolt each of Posidrive, T-38 torx, 7mm Hex and square drive, threaded with metric, metric fine, BSP pipe thread and old English Whitworth.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
My M3 uses a 7mm hex for attaching the brake calipers. I about punched a hole in the wall when I got under there and found that one.

It's actually pretty easy to work on overall, but fuck that particular detail.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My M3 uses a 7mm hex for attaching the brake calipers. I about punched a hole in the wall when I got under there and found that one.

It's actually pretty easy to work on overall, but fuck that particular detail.
I have a pair of no name flat pedals that are 7mm. They should have gone with 17/64"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
minor bump....

FCC filing revealed shimano is working on a wireless grouppo.

which will we get first, wireless or new saint?

shimano's 100th anniversary is in march, so maybe both?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shimanos 100th anniversary is in a week. Rumors are that new 12speed wireless Dura Ace is gonna drop. What if they pull a sneaky and launch new Saint too?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Shut up you idiots you're giving the lizard overlords ideas....

Now my next cranks are going to have one bolt each of Posidrive, T-38 torx, 7mm Hex and square drive, threaded with metric, metric fine, BSP pipe thread and old English Whitworth.
Sweet, I have a full set of Imperial double square sockets, I have been trying to find a use for them for around 10yrs.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The part you've ringed is the unchanged original cross of the "t" ya fanny.

I'm not a graphic designer.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
At this point i´d bet money on them retiring the Saint while making the Zee the new E-Bike group.
They´ll call it E-Zee. That´s marketing perfection right there.
We´ll probably get Saint back if they ever decide to release that gearbox thing they´ve been working on.

hitar_potar

Monkey
Sep 23, 2011
Ruse, Bulgaria
At this point i´d bet money on them retiring the Saint while making the Zee the new E-Bike group.
We´ll probably get Saint back if they ever decide to release that gearbox thing they´ve been working on.
Why do you need an e-bike specific group? Stronger cassette-chainring-chain combo i understand, but an entire group - what for? Also i’d bet money on them keeping the Saint - it’s got longer and better history! :)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Why do you need an e-bike specific group? Stronger cassette-chainring-chain combo i understand, but an entire group - what for? Also i’d bet money on them keeping the Saint - it’s got longer and better history! :)
For profit.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
In the Shimano spring indent order form (For October delivery) there are all new Saint pedals, XT pedals and GR500 flat pedals..... No pic's just a code and pricing on them.