Quantcast

New Saint. Finally.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
A couple of the guys riding with us yesterday are industry stooges and apparently they've both pre-ordered the new Saint brakes due for release in the next few weeks.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Where is @Damo nowadays?

We hired Marshy to wrench for Dean Lucas on the Scott DH Team. Dean and Flo stay in Morzine during the summer so it’s perfect.
Dunno, pretty sure I saw one of his chalets on the market last year, from the occasional social media pic's he's still in the area and has an old ferme somewhere that's he's built a mini climbing wall into the barn part.
Tried to get hold of him the other year, thought we'd catch up for a pint or something, but he wasn't in a mood to talk to me apparently. *shrugs*

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Need pricing before I can smugly pass my judgement, but while they look great, my One-Ups are lighter and look almost as good.
no pricing yet, expected availability spring 2022. the current XT flat pedals run $100, so probably $120-$130

Was hoping they'd also update the M820 pedals so that they don't weigh 20lb.
considering when they were added to the saint grouppo i would be very surprised if we get an upgraded version when m820 gets replaced. but yes those things weight a shit load.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it's not saint, but today Shimano dropped new Dura Ace and Ultegra. 12 speed, Di2 only, semi-wireless. semi-wireless being that the derailleurs are still connected to the central battery.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Meh

No microspline...but the cassettes fit existing standard freehubs, along with their new one. Why didn't they do that for mtb as well?

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Meh

No microspline...but the cassettes fit existing standard freehubs, along with their new one. Why didn't they do that for mtb as well?
Because nowadays mtb riders are a bunch of pricks who run stupid little chainrings and because of that require stupid little 9 or 10t cassette sprockets if they actaully want to pedal anywhere at a decent pace

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Because nowadays mtb riders are a bunch of pricks who run stupid little chainrings and because of that require stupid little 9 or 10t cassette sprockets if they actaully want to pedal anywhere at a decent pace
Don’t forget the spinning at 120rpm with the 52t on a climb attempting to keep the bike going straight without enough gyroscopic force to go straight. Turns out, giant gears do not make you a climber, you still suck.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Dunno, pretty sure I saw one of his chalets on the market last year, from the occasional social media pic's he's still in the area and has an old ferme somewhere that's he's built a mini climbing wall into the barn part.
Tried to get hold of him the other year, thought we'd catch up for a pint or something, but he wasn't in a mood to talk to me apparently. *shrugs*
What you talking about!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Anyone seen or own those Saint M829 flats? They seem to be out of stock everywhere... not sure if they've actually been released or not.