Quantcast

New Santa cuz info?

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
jackalope said:
...And when I think new, I think Sunday, Faith, V-10, etc...And I wouldn't put any of those in the slapped together catagory...I really can't think of any off the top my head that would fit in that catagory......
The GT Lobo and the bike the came before that.. cant remeber the name... were slapped together. Lugged thermoplastic tubes?? Give me a freakin break. The aluminum frame was actually lighter as well.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
ChrisRobin said:
This thread makes me want to urinate all over my keyboard.

thank you.

oh yea,just wanted to tell everyone i'm leaving. this will be my last post.

HAHAHA! i bet you'd like that. why do you think i visit this site other than my insane love of riding my bike? to ANNOY every one of you who replies to my posts with "well then just leave".

getting worked up over something on the internet is very sad. i suggest counseling.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
OGRipper said:
No. The big companies are not punk rock enough. I don't care how small they were when they started, the only good companies start small and stay that way. That way I can satisfy my need for something core and obscure, which need comes from the fact that there is nothing unique about my character, personality, or riding. Do what you want, I'm keeping it real. Now shut up and go ride your bike while I post some more insults. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[Please recognize the sarcasm. Please.]
That hurts, especially because I haven't been able to walk for 6 weeks. 3 more and I'll be back baby...and never online...for now, i'm going to wage as many pis$ing contests as I want :angry:

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
ChrisRobin said:
Not that I want to get into a pi$$ing match, but Trek's craftsmanship is lightyears beyond Brodie!

HA! Broadie hasn't made one of their own bikes in years. CATALOG. I miss the old days, when companies were innovative: You flared that downtube at the bottom bracket? WOW! You flared the down tube the other way at the head tube? HOLY ****! YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
ChrisRobin said:
Not that I want to get into a pi$$ing match, but Trek's craftsmanship is lightyears beyond Brodie!
which is sad. paul brodie used to build some sweet steel frames back in the day. unfortunately his name is all that remains of the company.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Who knows Trek could treat it like road bikes!!

about 7 years ago Trek didnt even make good road bikes when lance was a nobody in his first tour he rode a lightspeed with trek stickers....perhaps they will realise they missed out on the DH scene and start putting serious money into R&D etc
I know Trek have just taken on a new suspension tech guy with an intresting back ground but his name has slipped my mind.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I'll wait and see what Trek comes out with. Maybe it'll be something that totally blows everyone out of the water or it'll be something very basic and straight forward. I don't know, I don't really see Trek making something super complicated and sofisticated just yet...if they do, they'll have to drop A LOT of money into marketting this thing since no one really thinks about Trek when it comes to DH. Maybe if they build their name first for a couple years with their FR bike...we'll see.

As far as dealing with them, I have NEVER had a problem. So easy....especially when you just get off the phone with other companies that give you excuses, arguments, and garbage explanations.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
ChrisRobin said:
As far as dealing with them, I have NEVER had a problem. So easy....especially when you just get off the phone with other companies that give you excuses, arguments, and garbage explanations.

Ditto

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
klunky said:
Who knows Trek could treat it like road bikes!!

about 7 years ago Trek didnt even make good road bikes when lance was a nobody in his first tour he rode a lightspeed with trek stickers....perhaps they will realise they missed out on the DH scene and start putting serious money into R&D etc
I know Trek have just taken on a new suspension tech guy with an intresting back ground but his name has slipped my mind.
Lance actually rode a Trek road bike, but his TT bike was a Litespeed Blade, simply because Trek made no TT bike at the time...

Also, I thought I read something about that suspension guy going to Specialized? Or maybe this is a defferent guy.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
MtnbikeMike said:
Lance actually rode a Trek road bike, but his TT bike was a Litespeed Blade, simply because Trek made no TT bike at the time...

Also, I thought I read something about that suspension guy going to Specialized? Or maybe this is a defferent guy.
Really? im surprised by that because they actually had a lot of photos of lance riding the litespeed in the trek catalouges.

The suspension dude going to specalized did happen....after they got this new bod. Im sure he was something to do with rockshox

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Actually they're re-releasing the Super-8. This time it's single pivot but there's a scissor-like linkage in the swingarm for the shock. I think it gets 9.5" of travel. Should be cool!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
klunky said:
about 7 years ago Trek didnt even make good road bikes when lance was a nobody in his first tour
Um, Lance was already a world champion with several other major victories before his cancer comeback. Maybe a nobody to the DH crowd but already well know in the roadie world. And trek has been making OCLV bikes for a lot longer than 7 years, and the frame hasn't changed that much.

I love this thread. Every time I need a laugh it keeps popping up. :thumb: :thumb:

Jamsoul

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
tha boot
Blur Lt Looks Like A Sweet Bike...but Its A Bit Overdue....the 5.5 Has Been Out For A Year Already...what Up With Sc?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
What's up with SC? :rolleyes:

Three blur variations, the new jackal, the new v10, along with the vp-free and all of the existing single pivots...what niche are you looking for that they aren't filling? I mean jeez...admitted, I'm a loyal sc fan but come on, they consistently put out distinctive desgins that work great, and there's something for everyone.