Quantcast

New Session??

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Not 2011, this is the paint job for one of Trek's Gravity girls...

Beside, its got an old SDG seat and the fork is most definitely NOT a 2011.

Nice looking rig regardless...

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Trek would have paid for the tooling anyway. Giant may weld them, but they wouldn't have invested their money for tooling.

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
I think they should still put carbon armoring on the downtube to fix the main dent threat. They have it on the high-end Remedy, why not the Session.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah, making uberthin tubes to save weight and then adding a plastic debris guard to make it survive more than one descent sounds pretty cool to me, too...
the Remedy doesnt have "issues" like people purportedly have on the Session.
plus the Remedy is a trail bike so why would you want giant thick tubing sets?

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
if you can find a 2010, you can probably get a good deal on it. 2011 will probably only change parts spec
I can get a Session 8 for $3500 with discount included (msrp 4000).
Is there anything that has really changed with parts for 2011?
I sorta want new paint too.

JackTrade

Chimp
Jul 1, 2010
Am sure Trek will jump on the carbon bandwagon whenever they make a new session.
Gotta agree here. Given their long history with OCLV, I'm curious as to why they haven't done it already.

I'd guess though, that if it were coming for '11, we'd already have seen leaked photos. Believe it or not, most mfr's are already working on 2012 stuff.

JackTrade

Chimp
Jul 1, 2010
where are the "leaked" photos of the new Trek?

and most companies are working beyond 2012 at this point since 2011 products are trickling out now
I think we're making the same point? No photos anywhere of a carbon Session = no carbon Session for 2011.

Or am I missing your point somehow?

Also, I'd be super surprised if someone had their crap together enough that they were done with '12 and already working on 2013, but it's definitely possible.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I think we're making the same point? No photos anywhere of a carbon Session = no carbon Session for 2011.

Also, I'd be super surprised if someone had their crap together enough that they were done with '12 and already working on 2013, but it's definitely possible.
there were no photos of the Demo until recently. just because pics arent out there, doesnt me something doesnt exist.

and you are talking about a very large bike company. product planning is kinda important

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
yeah, making uberthin tubes to save weight and then adding a plastic debris guard to make it survive more than one descent sounds pretty cool to me, too...
works on these things called motocross bikes all day every day. There's these fragile little things called radiators and these plastic thingies all over it. Works......just sayin'.....;)