Quantcast

New Shag print...just scored it!

J

JRB

Nice, but it would clash with all of my western heritage pics. (just kidding - don't have any of those. Well - one of a cutting horse pics that my uncle sent me.)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sweet! I really like Shag's work. Very cool. Say, if you like Shag try Mark Ryden. Different, but it seems that most people I talk to that like Shag also like Ryden, among others. www.markryden.com

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
from that tiki site i found, the prints (at least some) are really cheap, $80 for a set of four (but i think they were smaller).

the charba stuff ain't so cheap (i got one for my wife about 5 years ago) but then again it's original art and not a repro.

for prints, i've got a bunch of Kozik ones (here's the only two i could find photos of):

and featuring stuff from sonic youth, cows, supersuckers, etc...he ran his own Man's Ruin label (maybe still does?).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
it's 21" x 38". it'll frame up nicely for over the sofa...the one I have there is the wrong orientation (portrait) but it's so damn cool, I had to hang it where it could be seen.
are you avoding the cost question?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
she probably figures it's none of yr business, or fears that people will be too judgemental.

hell, i just spent $270 for three lps...

thank you.

Exactly, I don't need some asshole criticizing me on how I spend my money...I could care less if no one else in the world didn't like my picture, I like it and all that matters...it's not necessarily fear...how can I put it though...more like how a dog would feel like dealing with a flea on it's sack.

What lp's did you get...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
thank you.

Exactly, I don't need some asshole criticizing me on how I spend my money...I could care less if no one else in the world didn't like my picture, I like it and all that matters...it's not necessarily fear...how can I put it though...more like how a dog would feel like dealing with a flea on it's sack.

What lp's did you get...
funny you're so worried about being criticized....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there is a series of stuff (called From the Earth to the Spheres) coming out of italy, about 8 in total. each lp has painted artwork, and the jacket is made from wood. one side is from the italian band My Cat is an Alien, the other from various other people/bands. i bought 3 of the records (thuja, glands of external secretion w/ nels cline, and christina carter).

more info here:

http://www.mycatisanalien.com/welcome.htm

and i felt bad when i missed out on a last-second bid on a 7" single from Six Organs of Admittance, the only release i don't have. they only made 200 copies. but, it went for around $50 so i guess maybe it's ok i didn't win it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
dh girlie said:
thank you.

What lp's did you get...

anyone on this board who tried to criticize you for spending money on something "frivolous" really would have no room to talk. we have all spent, what most people would concider, way too much money on bicycles. its all relative. cool picture.

J

JRB

Word Laura. Lisa is funny like that though. I asked about the frame paint and she told me it was none of my business pretty much. No biggie, but I wanted to know in case I ever decided to do it. It's not about being criticized. Some peeps are like that and that is definitely their deal. No need to be pushy or make fun.

splat

Nam I am
No Kidding Laura, When People hear how much I spend on Bikes they look at me like I'm from mars.

and DH_girlie, I could care less what you spend your money on, its your money and you do with it what you want. as a matter of fact us spending our $$$$ money on what a lot of people call frivoulous things , helps keep us all entertained !

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
there is a series of stuff (called From the Earth to the Spheres) coming out of italy, about 8 in total. each lp has painted artwork, and the jacket is made from wood.
Made of wood? Very interesting. I picked up the leather-bound, 4 disc, Motorhead a few years back. So choice. The LP has always blown away cd. Just can't beat cool packaging, gate-folds, colored wax, included posters & other treasures.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
Word Laura. Lisa is funny like that though. I asked about the frame paint and she told me it was none of my business pretty much. No biggie, but I wanted to know in case I ever decided to do it. It's not about being criticized. Some peeps are like that and that is definitely their deal. No need to be pushy or make fun.
I did? Are you sure I wasn't f'n around? I thought it was very public what I paid for the paint job on the frame? Cuz I could really care less what people think of what I spend my money on...I'm the one sittin here listening to 'assbags' as you put it all day on the phone...I earn my dough!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I did? Are you sure I wasn't f'n around? I thought it was very public what I paid for the paint job on the frame? Cuz I could really care less what people think of what I spend my money on...I'm the one sittin here listening to 'assbags' as you put it all day on the phone...I earn my dough!

Yup - but no sweat. And Andy was officially a dick being all complacent and schit. Go get another UPC - phuck you Andy. :D

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Thank you, Laura! See the Beasties in Amsterdam!!!!

Also see my recommendations on what to do at the show and you still cover all your bases.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
I had the Slayer blood bag cd...it was pretty cool...till the blood dried up...
i've got the 1st Cop Shoot Cop single which came spattered w/ pig's blood. yummy.

btw, the wooden jacket is just a single panel, you can't put the lp in it. but the art work is pretty neat, and they are only doing 100 copies of each release.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Do you have this print....

I think I would only be able to afford them in sticker form.