Quantcast

new shock

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by mxer338, Oct 4, 2005.

1. mxer338

mxer338 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Alright i hear that switching shocks makes the biggest difference in single pivot designs, and since i have a gemini, i want to upgrade the vanilla r to a dhx. will this provide a noticeable difference in things like small bump sesitivity, and how the bike handles multiple hits (current shock tends to feel locked out seems like its not flowing enough oil, and yes the rebound is set correctly)

basically is it worth the 370 bux for a new dhx

#1 -   Oct 4, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Sir_Crackien

Sir_Crackien Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    over all the dhx is an incerdilbe feeling shock. this is comming from a guy that really doesn't like fox

i would say the it is deffenally worth the money exspecailly considering you have the vanilla r

#2 -   Oct 4, 2005
  3. Benton

Benton Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    So, I have an '03 Gemini (non-DH version) and I just bought a DHX Air. First off, it's a sweet upgrade from my Vanilla RC. It's lighter, pedals better, and is somehow more responsive.

On the downside, I put a dent in my down-tube today because the DHX air doesn't quite fit my frame.

The only way it would mount is with the narrower piston side facing forward, and the piggyback on bottom. In this position if you bottom out the large blue bottom out screw nob hits the down tube. There's no way around this. Luckily, you don't need the nob, and if you take it off there's just a little bit of clearance. Also, due to the position of the air nozzle for the main spring you can only run it at 170mm and 140mm.

It might be that none of this applies to the spring version.

#3 -   Oct 9, 2005
  4. Mattoid

Mattoid Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    A dhx, 5th, or romic will feel worlds better than your vanilla. Look for something used if cash is a problem.

#4 -   Oct 9, 2005
  5. The Rose

The Rose Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Check out the Stratos El Jefe, I run one on my AC and A friend has one on his Gemini DH and loves it. The STratos quality cannot be denied.

6. SXtrailrider

SXtrailrider Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    the dhx is the most incredable feeling shox doesn't matter what one you get let it be the air of the coil

7. mcA896

mcA896 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    get a dhx. my initial impression were that it is amazing. keep in mind, i have no long term experience witht his shock, i just loved the characteristics of it. small bump sensitivity it awesome, and it wont blow if you try to adjust the compression :thumb:

If you decide to go romic, take it from me. make SURE it was made after they had tolerance problem,s or it was rebuilt with the correct parts if it blew.

8. snoopz666

snoopz666 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    ya my vote is for the dhx also, i have it and i love it.

9. mack

mack Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    I have a DHX on my DHR, but have also tried my backup Romic on it. Both shocks work very well, just the DHX is a little more adjustable and pedals better in the parking lot. :D