Quantcast

new shock

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
Alright i hear that switching shocks makes the biggest difference in single pivot designs, and since i have a gemini, i want to upgrade the vanilla r to a dhx. will this provide a noticeable difference in things like small bump sesitivity, and how the bike handles multiple hits (current shock tends to feel locked out seems like its not flowing enough oil, and yes the rebound is set correctly)

basically is it worth the 370 bux for a new dhx

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
over all the dhx is an incerdilbe feeling shock. this is comming from a guy that really doesn't like fox

i would say the it is deffenally worth the money exspecailly considering you have the vanilla r

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
So, I have an '03 Gemini (non-DH version) and I just bought a DHX Air. First off, it's a sweet upgrade from my Vanilla RC. It's lighter, pedals better, and is somehow more responsive.

On the downside, I put a dent in my down-tube today because the DHX air doesn't quite fit my frame.

The only way it would mount is with the narrower piston side facing forward, and the piggyback on bottom. In this position if you bottom out the large blue bottom out screw nob hits the down tube. There's no way around this. Luckily, you don't need the nob, and if you take it off there's just a little bit of clearance. Also, due to the position of the air nozzle for the main spring you can only run it at 170mm and 140mm.

It might be that none of this applies to the spring version.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
the dhx is the most incredable feeling shox doesn't matter what one you get let it be the air of the coil

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
get a dhx. my initial impression were that it is amazing. keep in mind, i have no long term experience witht his shock, i just loved the characteristics of it. small bump sensitivity it awesome, and it wont blow if you try to adjust the compression :thumb:

If you decide to go romic, take it from me. make SURE it was made after they had tolerance problem,s or it was rebuilt with the correct parts if it blew.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I have a DHX on my DHR, but have also tried my backup Romic on it. Both shocks work very well, just the DHX is a little more adjustable and pedals better in the parking lot. :D