Quantcast

new shoes

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
If i was riding freeride stuff, i'd just get some vans. They have good grip. There's hardly any freeride stuff where i'm at, so i ride DH in 510's. I don't know if you need that kind of grip with freeriding though.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The Vans are limited and hard to find.
The skate shoe/vans style 5.10's are really nice on and off the bike.
DC also makes soft rubber soled shoes for BMX

The Vans are limited? I got a free pair from Decline when I renewed. There has been a lot of talk about these new shoes. I love em so far.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
yeah I could not find them, I tried the Vans website all they had were size 7s, no luck at Zappos.com. and my lbs saidthey could not get them.
Kanter how long ago did you get them?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I got them about a month ago. They just came out. Be patient and you will see them soon. Some online shops should have them real quick. They are awesome.

ride4fun

Monkey
May 23, 2008
Long Island
DC does make a good sticky shoe - but for street riding. Tried them on the downhill run just to get a feel - I will stick to my 5.10.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I just got some 510 Freeriders and they're great.

I've never felt a pair of Vans or any other skate shoe grip like these. No contest... I can wear them all day and go for a ride after work without needing another pair of kicks... Beware though, they say the sole is non-marking on the Freeriders, but if you kick your foot hard enough they will.

I haven't tried the Ba5ic's... Their sole is red. They might not mark...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Look for some LaSportiva Martinis. They got sticky climbing rubber, but if you find them, they'll likely be way cheaper than the 5.10s.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
yeah I could not find them, I tried the Vans website all they had were size 7s, no luck at Zappos.com. and my lbs saidthey could not get them.
Kanter how long ago did you get them?
Just posted in the classified a New pair of the Vans SPD size 10mens.

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
The Vans are freaking sweat. They are slightly more stiff than a standard skate shoe but, you won't notice it after a ride or two. I have been wearing them on C/B Mallet 1's now for a month and have an easy time getting in and out of them.