Quantcast

New Signature limits?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It's on purpose. Got tired of seeing signatures take up half the page. Signatures that are over 100 right now can stay, but you won't be able to update them without following the new guideline.

J

JRB

Did you read the other "complaining" thread before you complained?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BigMike said:
I agree, but you do realize you're sig is over 100 characters, right?
Yep, and when I next update it, it'll have to be shortened.

I figure my quality of life probably won't be impacted much by the fact that I have to knock 50 characters off one signature on one message board ;).

A little sobbing, probably some heavy drinking for a few days, but I'll work through the pain.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Gee...wonder if this has anything to do with Ridemonkey trying to keep guys with sponsors from linking to all their sponsors on the site?
Guys like me?
I feel like I'm on MTV trying to wear a T-shirt that says I love Dad...but my show is sponsored by Mom...so they blur it out and piss off my dad.

J

JRB

bizutch said:
Gee...wonder if this has anything to do with Ridemonkey trying to keep guys with sponsors from linking to all their sponsors on the site?
Guys like me?
I feel like I'm on MTV trying to wear a T-shirt that says I love Dad...but my show is sponsored by Mom...so they blur it out and piss off my dad.
It's not the sponsor stuff that has pissed them off. The folks are cool enough that I would assume that they would help with legitimate sigs. I would, of course, have to let them weigh in on that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bizutch said:
Guys like me?
my guess is that it's yr incessant sig spam. :devil:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I hate the 100 char. limit because it pretty much eliminates clean hyperlinking. I wish there was a way to make it so that your sig was limited to 100 VISIBLE characters not 100 characters including BBcode or whatever. Or maybe just 150 char's or something a little more realistic than 100. I think the poll wasn't up long enough before the new rule was enacted, I never got a chance to vote on it until it was already too late and I'm sure there are others like me.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
punkassean said:
I hate the 100 char. limit because it pretty much eliminates clean hyperlinking. I wish there was a way to make it so that your sig was limited to 100 VISIBLE characters not 100 characters including BBcode or whatever. Or maybe just 150 char's or something a little more realistic than 100. I think the poll wasn't up long enough before the new rule was enacted, I never got a chance to vote on it until it was already too late and I'm sure there are others like me.

I agree. 100 visible characters is a good idea........... UNLESS, like suggested earlier, RM wants people to stop putting links in their sigs