Quantcast

New singletrack in SB county!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Thanks to the help of the Santa Barbara Mountain Bike Trail Volunteers and the IMBA trail care crew there is the start of a new singletrack in Elings Park.

We've carved .35 mi of new trail in one day and there is more work to be done, I'll post the next work day when its sceduled or check www.sbmtv.org

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
That's great to hear! Keep up the good work :thumb: The IMBA TCC is a great team to work with, Nat and Rachel were in San Diego a few months ago to work with SDMBA and the USFS. Did they get any riding in as well, did Nat have his helmet cam?

mark@sdmba.com

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Mark's a name-dropper, isn't he?? :p

Cool to hear, Zark...should I bring the XC bike next time I'm up there?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yeah, Nat and Rachel are great and they did get some riding in, Romero canyon I believe. Nat had some Helmet cam footage from Tunnel trail too froma previous trip.

By the way I have to say the folks at Elings Park are great and are happy to put in more trails for MTB's in the future. There is also going to be a big bike festival in June at the park.

Ed Brown and Dr. Dave deserve big thanks for trail blazing through all the poison oak ;)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
sleepinggiant said:
SWEET!!! What kind of trail is it gonna be? XC, DS, DH? When I'm back for spring break I'll definatelly be down to help.
It will be part of the XC loop, but is ridden DH direction most likely. It would be a hell of a climb. I'll post the next dig day here.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Awesome! I helped Ed dig the first bits of that trail, kind of consider it my baby. Nice to see it growing. Where was the new bit dug in, and is it a new climb? I know the one dh section was way to sandy in the turns to be rideable up. We tried for several days to get it rideable, but everything washed away too easily. Such a cool little trail.

The Ito