Quantcast

New site design

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Haven't been to your site for a while but I like the new look. The daily photo feature has a nice feel to it.

Reading through your praise though, mom was a little rough on you :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Man i think you've seen more concerts now than i have in my entire life!!!#$)(#@()@#%(

The site looks very professional, real cool to see how things are falling into place for ya. If i ever start a band you have to cap your hourly rate at $3. ;)

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
Excellent Photos. Some of them are exceptionally vivid.

Please remove the "site best viewed ..." and "site under redesign..." lines of text from the home page. It makes it look like you don't know how to present a site....and you totally do because your site looks great.

You wouldn't put those lines on a corporate website either.

Consider pics of your equipment or of you in the body of the home page?

Otherwise looks great. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I like the site design, but I think launching an incomplete site doesn't appear professional. For testing purposes, it's better to keep it to, say, http://www.derekpearson2.com/test/ and move it over once complete. Personally, I hate "Sorry, this site is under construction" messages when I click links.

Site looks great, photography looks great, it's all good - just get those pages up and remove the "under construction" messages! :D

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i really like the site, very slick and professional.
everytime i look at your work, my jaw drops to the floor in awe, that is some amazing photography

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Thanks for the good suggestions all. I agree with pretty much all of them and have changed what I can change. I emailed my web guy to fix what I cant.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh, and I might suggest that the text labels under the site sections stay there all the time, not just when the cursor is hovered over them. When you first pull the site up, there is no indication of how it should be browsed.

If you'd like a text effect when the mouse hovers, I'd suggest making the text labels light grey, and they can transition to white when the cursor is hovered over them. That way, it's exactly clear how to browse the site (without having to hover your mouse just to see what's available), but you still get some tasteful special effects.