Quantcast

New site question

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Im thinking about adding a pictoral "meet the photographer" section to my site. What are your thoughts? Good idea, bad idea etc.

test run - http://www.derekpearson.com/personal

Theres a gallery linked at the bottom of the paragraph. It would have a little commentary below each picture in the gallery.
Let me know your thoughts.

D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
create a new class say ".z". Set its parameters (look at the css file for how to do it), change the color to something else. in the link, add class="z" (look to html files for how this was done).

Then it will only change the links you tag with class="z"

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
yes, it's a very nice touch. I think that when sucessful small business owner adds a little bit of a personal note somewhere, it can really speak to people. I've got an "about Penny" page on my business site, and I get a lot of positive feed back from it- people connect in someway with my lifestyle and the whole interaction is more warm.

I really liked your praise section, could you put links to slightly larger images?

geargrrl
www.specialtyoutdoors.com

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Is it just me or does it take forever for the photos to change when you click on a new one. At first I thought the effect was cool but it's too slow. I'm on a fast computer with a very fast connection by the way.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Yeah, Fraser said it was going to be slower transitions if I used big high quality images, so thats a trade off I'm willing to make. It doesn't transition TOO slowly though, at least on my computer.
Thanks Geargrrl I'll look into that.

neanderthal

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
Pittsburgh
I find the way your site is structured is fine. Navigation is easy, text
is easy to read and the portfolios are impressive. Everthing is very
professional, I'm impressed.