Quantcast

New site?

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
its like message board trolling...in blog form. hah.

some of the stuff is pretty funny. even if he/they make fun of sinister bikes...

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
heh, funny stuff;

Some days there just isn’t a ****ton of content to post. On top of that I’ve been in Afghanistan/Africa…just some charity work I do from time to time when I feel guilty about how ridiculously rich I’m getting from doing this website. I’m so glad I moved to the USA. As promised, your streets really are paved with gold. And then unemployed people piss and **** on the gold and then your glorious streets start to look a lot like what back home we call “the asphalt with ****ed up concrete curbs.” But I’m sure there is gold under there. Maybe oil too. Probably tobacco.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
old news for ridemonkey but still really funny.

Stik you probably find it even funnier than the rest of us due to your past?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
old news for ridemonkey but still really funny.

Stik you probably find it even funnier than the rest of us due to your past?
I did a search for the site on here before I posted, found nothing.

And ya, if you have been around since the dark ages like myself, there is some comedy gold in there. I could be a contributor to the site, but some things are better left un-said.

I would love to know who is writing this stuff though.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I did a search for the site on here before I posted, found nothing.

And ya, if you have been around since the dark ages like myself, there is some comedy gold in there. I could be a contributor to the site, but some things are better left un-said.

I would love to know who is writing this stuff though.
You wrote the Lopes article I know it. :p

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
For some god ole fashioned eastcoast angst (you can tell those HBcutthecourse guys live someplace with low hyperbaric pressure...
and we all know the west has been dried up, satire-wise since Ansel Adams shot in color ), try ToTo on nyc velocity

Cartoons for the win.
http://nyvelocity.com/toto

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
In my 14 years of racing downhill, the most head scratchingly amusing thing I ever witnessed was at Big Bear when Lopes had a guy whose sole purpose was to follow him and hold an umbrella over his head to keep him out of the sun while he walked around with his shirt off.:rofl:
That guy made some bad choices in life.
Heres to you Mr. umbrella holder guy, crack open a bud light.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I never really understood the hate for lopes. Is it because he is fast? Sort of like the people that hate on Hill?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
hahahaha! I made the list, in #2 none the less. At least they spelled my name correct. They must know me.

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I was going to mention that. If it is you, post some more content on that site, it is gold.
Nope, unfortunately I can't lay claim to that. I have nuggets we could send up to them but just haven't yet.

-ska todd

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
SO YOU'RE GONNA BUY A BIKE:

Good for you! Biking is awesome. It's easy, it's fun, it's good for you. I want you to bike, I really do. To that end, I am here to help you.

-Your co-worker that's "really into biking" knows **** all. Stop asking for his advice. He could care less about you having the right bike. He wants to validate his bike purchase(s) through you. He also wants to sleep with you, and wear matching bike shorts with you.

- You're not a triathlete. You're not. If you were, you wouldn't be here, and we both know it.

- You're not a racer. If you were, I'd know you already, and you wouldn't be here, and we both know it.

- So you want a bike that you can ride to work, goes really fast, is good for that triathlon you're doing this summer (snicker), is good on trails and mud, and costs less than $300. Yeah. Listen, I want a car that can go 200 miles an hour, tow a boat, has room for five adults, is easy to parallel park but can carry plywood, gets 60mpg, and only costs $3,000. I also want a unicorn to blow me. What are we even talking about here? Oh yeah. Listen, bikes can be fast, light, cheap and comfortable. Pick two, and we're all good.

I couldn't stop laughing after the Unicorn part.lol