Quantcast

New Snowshoe DH Course

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by DRB
I'm also going to go out on a limb here and bet there is going to be some mud. I know thats a stretch but.... that's my prediction.

excna on the mudhey

Think dry thoughts, think dry thoughts....:help:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by Transcend
cold fusion boobs??????? UNPOSSIBLE!:p
I think they should lay down all the fake boobs onto the Pro/Ex DH course, and we can jump those instead.
They will be built better than any jumps they have had in the past. And um, bigger too.:D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Jeremy R
I think they should lay down all the fake boobs onto the Pro/Ex DH course, and we can jump those instead.
They will be built better than any jumps they have had in the past. And um, bigger too.:D
and squishy if you case it!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I believe Banche and Stoneysnake have ridden it, maybe they'll chime in....

I hear the coarse is built with speed in mind, and a person who is in good shape will really do well.....

there was mention of a off camber rooted section that is gonna be fun when wet......

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
i haven't ridden it,although i will this sat. and sun.,after putting in a few trail building hours. stoneysnake rode it last week,and said it was great,not so technical as years past.he says it has a good bit of off camber! regardless i'm sure hulk and those guys have done an incredible job. they are all riders and know what everyone likes!!!!

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
Sweet - can't wait to check it out. Where's the location in relation to last year's course?

Any nice fat rocks??

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I had to clean that mud out of my Nucleon. Oh my god it sucked. It took about an hour.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Originally posted by HGR Frucci
Sweet - can't wait to check it out. Where's the location in relation to last year's course?

Any nice fat rocks??
The new course is on the opposite side of the Western Express chairlift, and will not cross under the chairlift. I haven't had the honor of riding it yet, maybe this weekend if I can come down to volunteer.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by jackalope
Could we call the course 'Ho-shoe' if we lined it with fake fun bags?

Maybe even have the race sponsored by Cross Your Heart or some plastic surgeon of questionable repute :o:
Like Appalaichan Augmentations? (but spelled correctly)

Maybe they will replace the section after the Wild Zone drop with stuff that doesn't suck.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by banche
to the best of my knowledge the wild zone is no more!!
good - bring on wildzone 2.0

it's good to switch things up. with a mountain like that, there are bound to be other morsels a la wildzone.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by banche
to the best of my knowledge the wild zone is no more!!
I didn't mind the 'big' aspects of it (but my knee did). I just couldn't stand two or so up hill/ off camber sections that led into some short but sketchy sections. No speed = no fun. Bottlenecks blow.