Quantcast

new Sox uniforms

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
baseball, along w/ basketball to a certain extent, is almost the epitome of an individual-based sport...when a guy is batting, it's just him and the pitcher; the rest of the guys on the bench don't mean ****. when a ball is hit in the direction of a fielder, he's got to make the play, not his teammate.

now, you need a great team of individuals, but it's not nearly the same as teamwork, in the manner of football or hockey. that's what the yankees buy each year, a bench full of stat-laden individuals.

see the difference?

i hope they buy Manny too. then the other part of a team (clubhouse environment) will take on a more significant factor when he starts whining. and eventually, he will.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
baseball, along w/ basketball to a certain extent, is almost the epitome of an individual-based sport...when a guy is batting, it's just him and the pitcher; the rest of the guys on the bench don't mean ****. when a ball is hit in the direction of a fielder, he's got to make the play, not his teammate.

now, you need a great team of individuals, but it's not nearly the same as teamwork, in the manner of football or hockey. that's what the yankees buy each year, a bench full of stat-laden individuals.

see the difference?

i hope they buy Manny too. then the other part of a team (clubhouse environment) will take on a more significant factor when he starts whining. and eventually, he will.
have you ever played on a competitive baseball team (or any kind of team for that matter) before? the team wins and the team loses. you make plays as an individual but you play as a team. the yankee's haven't been doing this, thanks to all the superstars, and they continue to lose.

i don't know how much more i need to spell it out...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
have you ever played on a competitive baseball team (or any kind of team for that matter) before? the team wins and the team loses. you make plays as an individual but you play as a team. the yankee's haven't been doing this, thanks to all the superstars, and they continue to lose.

i don't know how much more i need to spell it out...
so if mariano rivera blows a save, is it giambi's fault? :crazy:

edit - give me 5 examples of how the yankees didn't 'play as a team' which led to losses. they played 162 so it should be easy.

and yes, i've played on teams before. like i said, manny can cloud a clubhouse. but when the game is being played, and youklis is at bat, i doubt he's thinking about manny shoving an old man down to the ground.

Last edited:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
so if mariano rivera blows a save, is it giambi's fault? :crazy:

edit - give me 5 examples of how the yankees didn't 'play as a team' which led to losses. they played 162 so it should be easy.

and yes, i've played on teams before. like i said, manny can cloud a clubhouse. but when the game is being played, and youklis is at bat, i doubt he's thinking about manny shoving an old man down to the ground.
dude, you have no idea what playing baseball is like... i don't even know why i'm arguing with you.