Quantcast

New Sst signs

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I heard there were new signs at sst, one saying dont distroy jumps you did not build, I was wondering what jumps they were refering too. Some one built a double after the two berms leading too the the smallest of the drops before the table top. Now some beginer riders cant hit that line. Thats all good, I am all for new stuff, I am going to make a ride around that still flows that to smallest drop it wont change the new line that is there now at all. Has anyone seen what other signs were put up?

-Kim

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
fuzzycatnuts said:
I heard there were new signs at sst, one saying dont distroy jumps you did not build, I was wondering what jumps they were refering too. Some one built a double after the two berms leading too the the smallest of the drops before the table top. Now some beginer riders cant hit that line. Thats all good, I am all for new stuff, I am going to make a ride around that still flows that to smallest drop it wont change the new line that is there now at all. Has anyone seen what other signs were put up?

-Kim

There were some other signs warning of jumps/drops ahead...too lazy to walk up that far with my camera.:confused:

I know of the jump you refer to. Don't know who put it together, but it's pretty disproportionate for its location, IMHO. Like most jumps, it will settle down some but I don't know if it will be enough.

While it's nice to go out and build new jumps, don't forget to leave something behind for the less advanced riders! They're people, too.:thumb:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Ok went to seatac today and saw the new double after the berms in person. Talked to Santa cruz Andy and we both think it needs to be modified, it changes a existing line that beginer riders hit alot and its not a beginer jump(my gf favorate line). I dont want to do anything untell I talk to the builder, taking down jumps could lead to bad things, anyone know who built it? That line leads to a 3 foot drop and a 20 foot gap and should be made so riders of both skill sets can hit it and flow to the next drops. Theres lots of other spots that a jump of that size could be built.

Thanks to who ever put up the new signs!

-Kim

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
fuzzycatnuts said:
Ok went to seatac today and saw the new double after the berms in person. Talked to Santa cruz Andy and we both think it needs to be modified, it changes a existing line that beginer riders hit alot and its not a beginer jump(my gf favorate line). I dont want to do anything untell I talk to the builder, taking down jumps could lead to bad things, anyone know who built it? That line leads to a 3 foot drop and a 20 foot gap and should be made so riders of both skill sets can hit it and flow to the next drops. Theres lots of other spots that a jump of that size could be built.

Thanks to who ever put up the new signs!

-Kim
Kim makes a good point here. If we continue to make everything bigger, nothing will be available for the beginner. We need to continue to keep the flowpark available for all levels of freeriders.