Quantcast

new stuff for my bike

timbop2

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
rochester ny
hi im trying ti find the best place online to buy some new components for my bike. need to buy new cranks and bb. also want to make it a single speed. any helpis appreciated

cencalballer

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
bmx or mtb
universalcycles is good they price match and for bmx i like dans they are the most reliable ive used so far

cencalballer

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Why online? Local bike shops are the jamz.
not when they dont carry anything you need or prefer to use.
ex. i was looking for a front brake took 3 months for my lbs to get it. i coulda had it cheaper and in two days had i ordered it. i prefer local business but not when they dont what they say they will

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I totally agree, and if it took that long then they probably dont deserve youre business. Especially if they didnt explain the reason (I'm assuming they didnt as you didnt post it here), but even so, its definitely worth giving your lbs a shot, if you havent already. They'll be able to help you make a decision on what to buy, help you install it, and help you out if you ever have any warranty. Dan's Comp Dan may have all the parts for a bit cheaper, but he's not gonna help you install your new cranks.
A good bike shop is a good friend, but sometimes hard to find.

cencalballer

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
I totally agree, and if it took that long then they probably dont deserve youre business. Especially if they didnt explain the reason (I'm assuming they didnt as you didnt post it here), but even so, its definitely worth giving your lbs a shot, if you havent already. They'll be able to help you make a decision on what to buy, help you install it, and help you out if you ever have any warranty. Dan's Comp Dan may have all the parts for a bit cheaper, but he's not gonna help you install your new cranks.
A good bike shop is a good friend, but sometimes hard to find.
i always try the lbs or any local business for anything i do. if they dont have it but can get it in a reasonable time ill buy it from them but when its overpriced takes way to long to get and a snobby attitude i go elsewhere the only exception to the rule is car stuff online purely becasue most local car part deaership whatever rip you off like no other

cencalballer

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
mtb. specialized pc crmo.. stock cranks are crap.. need new ones... think dans comp has mtb stuff too?
they dont i would go to universalcycles and search for a lower price then get it price matched there. eferything i have ordereed there has come very quickly and in perfect shape. and ive ordered about 5k worth of stuff from them