Quantcast

New Style

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
The templates and styles have been rebuilt for the new Vbulletin 3.7 software. Please let me know if you see any bugs. Colors are experimental - feedback is welcome.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Currently the most popular decorating color, green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing color. People waiting to appear on TV sit in "green rooms" to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize fertility. Dark green is masculine, conservative, and implies wealth. However, seamstresses often refuse to use green thread on the eve of a fashion show for fear it will bring bad luck.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The green is nice, could be lighter, less contrast-y to the rest of the page.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Currently the most popular decorating color, green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing color. People waiting to appear on TV sit in "green rooms" to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize fertility. Dark green is masculine, conservative, and implies wealth. However, seamstresses often refuse to use green thread on the eve of a fashion show for fear it will bring bad luck.
So what the hell is it doing here if it is so good? :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
miss farish (our drama teacher) taught us it was due to green revealing the truest representation of skin tones.
I don't know what your teacher was talking about but green lighting on stage makes people look HORRIBLE. It does not give you a true representaion of your skin tone.

If you want something "accurate" (which is a BS word by the way) you need cool from one side and a warm from the other. Bastard Amber and 1/2 cut blue are good for this.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I like it. The new look is clean, modern and smart.
I like the new little touches to this new software too (multiple quotes, quick reply, new posts...). I haven't explored fully yet, but so far, so good.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I'm trying that but I think it looks too tan. Have a slightly greener shade?

Agreed.

Hexadecimal color #999966 would be easier on the eyes and would work better with the other colors.

#999966 is a lighter shade of green

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Is the box (with user cp, FAQ, member list, etc) in between the RM banner at the top and the actual forums aligned to the right for anyone else? Kind of annoying.

I am running Firefox 2.0.0.14 on a mac.

EDIT - Not digging the new color. We should go with a #009900

Last edited: