Quantcast

New teaser from Eastsidefreeride livesessions

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Lefty said:
A moderator of Eastsidefreeride has asked me to pass this news on, about a new teaser from them Second teaser from Eastside Freeride 2. Just a little final taste before you can take a big gulp of the full film being release February 12!

http://www.eastsidefreeride.com/esfr/videos.php?mode=display

Looks really nice.

Credits: B-Forty Productions and ESFR Entertainment

Says I need a password??

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
This was his answer....

Bacchus said:
Also, if people start asking about the registration on the site, tell them they have to to conserve band-width. Anyway, the registration takes 2 minutes, so it is all good ... and the teaser is worth it.

Cheers,

Rob

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So how is this different that the hundred other people who come here to try and get people to sign up on their site? For that matter, why isn't he signed up here?

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Echo said:
So how is this different that the hundred other people who come here to try and get people to sign up on their site? For that matter, why isn't he signed up here?
Yeah i thought about that, i asked him to check this thread. If someone has webspace where i can upload it, i will do it. Don't have webspace for myself for films.

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Maybe Rob should quit the web business if he doesnt want to assume the bandwith cost of his movie being promoted online. I think this is considered publicity and can even be deduced from his tax report. Worst case, he should use one of the many free website to store movies or get someone with a decent connection host it for him.

When I was the network monkey of ESFR, the forum was taking 85% of the monthly bandwith. I assume its still about the same. By experience, I know that hosting a movie teaser like that should consumme about (6-8Mb x 350 DL, so let's suppose under 3Gb of bandwith. Based on the BurtonHosting current rating, even IF he already busted his limit, the 3 extra Gb will cost a huge 6$ US. When you want to promote a movie, you should be able to support that kind of cost.

But that's just my 0.02$ CDN

And no, I will not login ESFR just to download a teaser when the same teaser will end up on PinkBike (free and faster download) in some time anyway...

*EDIT*

WTF?! The PC version is called "movie.avi.exe". WHY in the world does the movie have a .EXE extension?? I mean, use a Zip compression (or SIT for Mac) but I will never ever download a movie with a EXE.

Bacchus

Chimp
Jan 27, 2005
MTLHC
HypNoTic said:
Maybe Rob should quit the web business if he doesnt want to assume the bandwith cost of his movie being promoted online. I think this is considered publicity and can even be deduced from his tax report. Worst case, he should use one of the many free website to store movies or get someone with a decent connection host it for him.

When I was the network monkey of ESFR, the forum was taking 85% of the monthly bandwith. I assume its still about the same. By experience, I know that hosting a movie teaser like that should consumme about (6-8Mb x 350 DL, so let's suppose under 3Gb of bandwith. Based on the BurtonHosting current rating, even IF he already busted his limit, the 3 extra Gb will cost a huge 6$ US. When you want to promote a movie, you should be able to support that kind of cost.

But that's just my 0.02$ CDN

And no, I will not login ESFR just to download a teaser when the same teaser will end up on PinkBike (free and faster download) in some time anyway...

*EDIT*

WTF?! The PC version is called "movie.avi.exe". WHY in the world does the movie have a .EXE extension?? I mean, use a Zip compression (or SIT for Mac) but I will never ever download a movie with a EXE.
Hey Everyone,

I asked Lefty to post something here because I couldn't log on. Turns out I no longer had an account ... and I didn't have the time before to invertigate.

Why do we have password protectiong? Well, because we were attacked by some deliquent who downloaded all of our videos a bunch of times in one day, and then we lost our host. We can't afford a dedicated server ... so thats the deal.

We are really not trying to harvest emails ... I mean what is the point. You don't want to receive our newsletters, block the email addy. takes two seconds.
Anyway, I hope that you enjoy the teaser. Its pretty nice. If anyone wants to host it, let me know ... or just host it yourself.

I appreciate all feedback.

@ Hypno: talking out of your ass where ever you go huh? I don't even know what to say to you aside from stop trying to appear like a know it all .... Maybe if you had protected your ass, like I am with the sign in, you would still be allowed to say you work for Vallee Pruneau.

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
ayoy man...on se calme les boyz

i havent seen the preview but the movie is sick!!

im usualy seriously very critical about bike movie becose i find most of them boring ? probably becose i have seen to much ?

Yanick did a great job on this one...the image are very rich...the color the framing everything is super nice!!

It is definatly a very enjoyable mtb film the quality is very hi...it dosent look like a cheap ass home made film it is truly a prosfesional one.

I just hope Yanick dosent give up and keep going untill he make it true.

He really got some talent for taking incredibely good shot...im amased of what he did and the funniest part is that he cant speak a damned word of english?? Somebody need to take care of busine$$ for him becose obviously he cant.

Bacchus

Chimp
Jan 27, 2005
MTLHC
Thanks for the feedback Daman.

The film is sick. Yan does have a really good eye for shots, and sense of flow for editing. I've seen the whole film and it is sick what he did with such a little budget and so little time with good riders.

Anyone interested in doing a premiere party in their local area should let me know.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Echo said:
Did jackson host it?
Haven't seen him posting a link to the film.

But imo.. the teaser looked very good and professional.

Ok i have uploaded the film on http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/mountainbike/esfr2_live_sessions.mov because it took so long for other people to upload it. You need a password and username for that to... but the most people already have one. If not it only takes a minute to setup your free membership. :thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I say, pretty damn cool. the whole pile of slides thing, was sweet, as was the shooting & riding. good work. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Pretty clever with the slides, I like it. As long as the movie isn't like that :p

I remember that bridge jump at Bromont, that thing kicked ass.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
This here are the stats of the video i uploaded on eengoedidee.nl

Upload date 2005-01-31
Number of downloads 46
Rate this page
Rated 9.67 (Votes 3 - Lowest 9 - Highest 10)