Quantcast

New THE One Helmet

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
another TLD ripoff to go along with the OKG minnaar is riding with????
looks tight though and probly costs less than a d2..good to have options

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
another TLD ripoff to go along with the OKG minnaar is riding with????
looks tight though and probly costs less than a d2..good to have options
yeah, we all know what an innovator in saftey gear Troy Lee(the airbrusher) is :brow:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Exactly. The english get completely screwed on most pricing for bike stuff.
Generally the uk pricing is a cause of changing the dollar sign into a pound sign. So if something is 100 dollars it becomes 100 pounds.

This is a right pain in the ass for us in ireland cause most of the bike shops here are supplied from the uk so the 100 pounds then becomes about 140 euro.

So expect the THE lid to be around the $300 mark

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Generally the uk pricing is a cause of changing the dollar sign into a pound sign. So if something is 100 dollars it becomes 100 pounds.

This is a right pain in the ass for us in ireland cause most of the bike shops here are supplied from the uk so the 100 pounds then becomes about 140 euro.

So expect the THE lid to be around the $300 mark
Exactly what I was going to say. It works exactly the same in english restaurants. I had a friggin $50usd bison burger, fries and a beer in Fort William. Ugh.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003

Carbon Fiber Full Face Helmet
$389.99
TCH-01 1090gr , 38.4oz

Composite Full Face Helmet
$274.99
TGH-01 1168gr , 41.2oz

Available in the US now

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So I'm confused.....We've been over this a thousand frickin' times. The THE IS the OGK helmet! But what's this crap about being stronger than the TLD? And what's so new about it for 07 other than the painted visor? looks like there is a pretty pattern on the liner is the only other thing I see...

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
So I'm confused.....We've been over this a thousand frickin' times. The THE IS the OGK helmet! But what's this crap about being stronger than the TLD? And what's so new about it for 07 other than the painted visor? looks like there is a pretty pattern on the liner is the only other thing I see...
OGK is one of the biggest mfg of helmets (i believe)... they make helmet for a wide variety of companies. I'm pretty sure they did (& possibly still do) make TLD's D2.

The D2 doesn't meet the Snell or ANSI regulation by one certain point or criteria. not sure what it lacks, but from what the guys at TLD told me, that's it. They said it wasn't major...but i honestly donno. I still have no problems wearing one. I believe the "the - one" helmet meets all of the standards.

Visually there isn't any difference in the lid since they were debued last season by the INTENSE team... However, sizing is different. The general public wouldn't know the difference since they never had the original versions. Graphics & the liner detail is different but not that big of a deal.

I think they're just highlighting that it's a NEW helmet....since no one (other than sponsored riders) have really had the helmet.

i think i got that all right.... :banana:

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
What's to be gained by meetina ANSI and SNELL? I know, stronger, but when was the last time one of you actually structurally damaged a full face? (Let the pictures begin?). I got a concussion in my 661, and that wasn't the helmet's fault. I'm sure it saved me from much worse damage, and it didn't get visibly damaged structurally. Anyway, my new Pro Bravo looks better than those :)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
What's to be gained by meetina ANSI and SNELL? I know, stronger, but when was the last time one of you actually structurally damaged a full face? (Let the pictures begin?). I got a concussion in my 661, and that wasn't the helmet's fault. I'm sure it saved me from much worse damage, and it didn't get visibly damaged structurally. Anyway, my new Pro Bravo looks better than those :)
Heikki tore the entire jaw piece off of a TLD this year. So ya, you CAN damage a full face. I crushed the jaw piece on a bell bellistic a few years ago too (my face came out fine).

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
the kid cracked an o'neal 905 last year and that met both standards. result was a slight concussion. The helmet did its job. !!