Quantcast

New threat on the trail in our area....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Had an crazy thing happen on last night's trail ride along the river here. MizN8 and her son ran into a bunch of killer bees that had holed up in a hollow log. They were lucky and only got stung once each. The bees are now dead since the trail meister doused the stump they were living in with gasoline and set it ablaze. He said it was the second hive they've wiped out in a week.

Africanized bees were only discovered a few months ago in our area.

Now we have to dodge poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumack, rattle snakes, water moccasins, and now killer bees....

:dead:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
They only got stung once each? Those killer bees suck.

Yep, and thank goodness too! A local radio station dj got stung 20 times while doing some trail maintence a week ago.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
N8 said:
Now we have to dodge poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumack, rattle snakes, water moccasins, and now killer bees....

:dead:
When you have mountain lions and bears I might have sympathy.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SkaredShtles said:
Killer bees are such a f***ing joke. They should be called Angry Bees. Or A Little Bit More Pissed Than Regular Bees.

Killer bees my ass. :mad:
f bee's...Ill punch every bee in the face

guess who...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's fun to kill annoying bees by smacking them down to the ground from above and then stepping on them. Works every time and you don't get stung. I try to ignore pests but when they just don't give up...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
It's fun to kill annoying bees by smacking them down to the ground from above and then stepping on them. Works every time and you don't get stung. I try to ignore pests but when they just don't give up...
Yellow jackets. Those f***ers are major pests around here.