Quantcast

NEW Thule Trunk Rack with Hitch Trays

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Thule launches an ingenious new rack system that combines a hitch rack and a trunk rack.

---

An ingenious new rack from Thule. The convenience of a hitch rack track, but with the ease of installation of a trunk rack. It fits on most model cars and uses steel cables and a new dial adjust system to install securely.

The prototype at the show was pretty sturdy, and the load limit is around 75-80 pounds, perfect for 2 Dh bikes. Will hold up to 3" tires in the tray, and you can even use an included top tube clamp to hold a bike without the trays if you have a bike without wheels, a BMX or kids bike.

Available in March for MSRP of $250 USD.

Attachments

Last edited:

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
I would really like to see this with some real world use before I give it a yeah or Neah. I see people with dented body panels all the time from overloaded truck racks. It also looks harder to get into the hatch or trunk for shuttle and or just general entry to the car. Plus with only two bikes? I am sure there are people this will work great for but I dont think I would put more then 1 DH bike on it without being nervous. I think it would be great for BMX and road bikes, but then, those are light enough to put on the roof. I am sure this will fill quite a few peoples needs though