Quantcast

new tire?

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
when i first got my mountain bike, i wasn't used to linear brakes. so when i stoped i always left some rubber on the sidewalk. to get more tread on the back tire, i rotated the tires. Now the front tire is bald in a few spots and i was wondering if Ineed to get a new tire or not.:confused:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The answer is yes. The most important reason is this. Your tire is the ONLY contact your bike has with the earth, so needless to say, take care of your tires, and they will take care of you.

If you go to your local LBS (Local Bike Shop) they will be able to help you with a tire selection best suited for you.

Good luck!!!!:)

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by pat873401
when i first got my mountain bike, i wasn't used to linear brakes. so when i stoped i always left some rubber on the sidewalk. to get more tread on the back tire, i rotated the tires. Now the front tire is bald in a few spots and i was wondering if Ineed to get a new tire or not.:confused:
Yes, get a new tire. You don't want to be going around a turn or something and have the front tire wash out on you....

www.rapiddescentracing.com
:)