Quantcast

new to DH/FR not sure about my bike

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by brap6, Sep 14, 2005.

1. brap6

brap6 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Hi all I'm beginer , I use to ride here and there when I was 12,(now 26) I had the chance to ride a DH trail a few months ago (I survived) I decided to get in to biking again I really like FR/DH, the thing is that I'm really new to FR/DH, some of my friends recomend me a bike that I end up buying, it's a NORCO05 VPS ATOMIK the thing is that I don't know if its to much of a bike for a beginer, I mean it's a great bike but would it be better to start with something ligther? like a kona COILER for examble.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. McGRP01

McGRP01 beer and bikes

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Keep the Norco, it's a great bike.

3. BMXman

BMXman I wish I was Canadian

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    where are you riding and what are the conditions there?...D

4. brap6

brap6 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Well I'm in Ontario, so I have park near by, blue montain, wich is more focus on FR, extreme FR and DH

5. livetheride514

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    IMO, i think you'll kill a coiler doing extreme FR and DH. Stick with the Norco or go for a true FR bike if you want something else still.

6. BIGHIT756

BIGHIT756 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    my friend had an atomik and ive seen some pretty BIG stuff done on it. I would definetly stick with the norco, and i know that it will hold up well.

7. FBTMILF

FBTMILF Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Stick with the Norco. It's a great bike for the downhill/ freeride. As a suggestion to something new, maybe look at the Specialized Big Hit or the Norco Team DH. But, I would stick with the Norco for now.

8. PatBranch

PatBranch Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 7
    Keep that for a while, until it somehow breaks or you really want a bigger bike. Norcos are built like tanks and can take abuse.

If you get a new bike I reccomend the Iron Horse 7points series is nice. The $1600 7.3 is nice, but the for is a pos mainpoo, so just replace that with a used or new 7" fork. Super-ts are $400 used in good condition.

9. sk8kid33

sk8kid33 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    norcos are descent but most of them have a way steep head angle that I personaly hate, plus they are very ugly. Go to a specialized big it, the norcos are just wanna be specializeds and you can get a used big hit way cheaper to.

#9 -   Oct 9, 2005
  10. clandestine

clandestine Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    this is an old post.... have you bought the norco yet :P
    i never liked norcos tho, they "look" heavy because of there glossy paint imo

11. Kntr

Kntr Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 20
    For the money a Specialized Big Hit might fit the bill. You could get a 05 for pretty cheap now.

12. kseger

kseger Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    well for one dont get a kona for shure. my brother has the atomic 05 but i find it a bit heavy but its awsome for downhill. get the norco for the money. or a specialized.