Quantcast

new to DH/FR not sure about my bike

brap6

Chimp
Sep 14, 2005
Hi all I'm beginer , I use to ride here and there when I was 12,(now 26) I had the chance to ride a DH trail a few months ago (I survived) I decided to get in to biking again I really like FR/DH, the thing is that I'm really new to FR/DH, some of my friends recomend me a bike that I end up buying, it's a NORCO05 VPS ATOMIK the thing is that I don't know if its to much of a bike for a beginer, I mean it's a great bike but would it be better to start with something ligther? like a kona COILER for examble.

brap6

Chimp
Sep 14, 2005
Well I'm in Ontario, so I have park near by, blue montain, wich is more focus on FR, extreme FR and DH

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Stick with the Norco. It's a great bike for the downhill/ freeride. As a suggestion to something new, maybe look at the Specialized Big Hit or the Norco Team DH. But, I would stick with the Norco for now.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Keep that for a while, until it somehow breaks or you really want a bigger bike. Norcos are built like tanks and can take abuse.

If you get a new bike I reccomend the Iron Horse 7points series is nice. The $1600 7.3 is nice, but the for is a pos mainpoo, so just replace that with a used or new 7" fork. Super-ts are $400 used in good condition.

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
norcos are descent but most of them have a way steep head angle that I personaly hate, plus they are very ugly. Go to a specialized big it, the norcos are just wanna be specializeds and you can get a used big hit way cheaper to.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
For the money a Specialized Big Hit might fit the bill. You could get a 05 for pretty cheap now.

kseger

Chimp
Oct 11, 2005
well for one dont get a kona for shure. my brother has the atomic 05 but i find it a bit heavy but its awsome for downhill. get the norco for the money. or a specialized.