Quantcast

New to dirt jumping, anyone want to show me the ropes?

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Basically what the title says, i have very limited experience on man made dirt jumps, table tops, doubles, etc. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to learn the basics of DJ, and maybe give me some pointers? Im decent on drops to flat and trannys, but i just have never really rocked any dirt jumps. Maybe we could get a crew of people to go out and session some dirt jumps? I live near the Glendale/Pasadena area, anyone want to give me a hand? I am always free on saturdays for the most part, and i am usually free wed. and thurs. morning too.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Grizzle said:
Basically what the title says, i have very limited experience on man made dirt jumps, table tops, doubles, etc. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to learn the basics of DJ, and maybe give me some pointers? Im decent on drops to flat and trannys, but i just have never really rocked any dirt jumps. Maybe we could get a crew of people to go out and session some dirt jumps? I live near the Glendale/Pasadena area, anyone want to give me a hand? I am always free on saturdays for the most part, and i am usually free wed. and thurs. morning too.
ill take you out to the whoops saturday if you respond to my pm :blah:

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
There's some decent jumps (big and small) off Sylmar and the 210. I've got most of next week open at this point if you want to check them out.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
bfranke said:
No, different place. Sylmar is open, easy to find and right off the main road. Good spot for practice and learning how to jump
I may have to check that out at some point too. I've gone to Kenter quite a few times but it seems like all the jumps are either 'big' or 'small'. I've done the small ones but the bigger ones are a pretty big step up (way steeper mostly). I've been trying to find someplace thats got some 'in-between' jumps to learn on, Maybe Sylmar is the place. Can you PM me with a location?
Thanks

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
the bullit :D big difference since the jumps are a little rough right now. alot easier to stay on line too. as for the small to big progression up there, yah theres not much in between, the middle dubs are no longer than the table tops,a bit steeper though. same speed required to hit em. , but sometimes you gotta say fuk it and huck it :D i got the 3 pack down no probs, probably hit the bigger 4 th one tomo ,,w00t!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Grizzle said:
Is there a BMX track in your area? It's a good place to start out...D

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
lovebunny said:
can you pm me some directions. coming from the south
I don't think it'd be worth your while to come up from SD just for these jumps, unless you're already in the area. There's mainly one maybe 2 that are good for practice and newbees, plus some steep bmx style jumps. MX guys hit the place up too so you never know what kind of shape the lips/landings are gonna be in.
I'm gonna be moving back to SD soon, look forward to hitting up the local spots again. I'll send you a PM when I get in...

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
there are also a few smaller beginner dubs in the sfv. i have a nice chill spot with a small 3 pack a little bit bigger single double then a step up and then a medium 3 pack with a big 17ft booter and a nice 12ft booter then a larger 2 pack. working on a 10wide gap by 8 ft step down and it has a little 4ft drop and a 6ft drop...pm for details. small fun local spot