Quantcast

New to PNW

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
I moved here about 6 months ago from MI and i'm looking for ride spots :help: . I live in the greater Seattle area, and have found SST and tapeworm. I'm looking for just about anything to ride a bike on; XC, freeride/ DH.

not to step on anyones toes (but i'm gonna), most threads talking about ride spots suck for directions/locations. Is there some publication that WA has for trails?

Also, BC isn't that far away... can anyone recomend spots up there, eh?

Thanks for the help.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Probably the most popular local publication is Kissing the Trail -Greater Seattle Mountain Bike Adventures by John Zilly. It lists about 65 rides in or near King County. Zilly has a couple of other books Kissing the Trail Northwest and Southwest Washington. There are lots of trails around here. I have been riding for the past couple of weeks and havent seen one mountain biker or even one set of tire tracks, there are more trails around here than bikers.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
What they said.
Also, keep an eye on these boards for rides being posted. No better way to ride a new trail than with people that not only know their way, but they're more than likely good peeps as well (I mean, they're riding bikes - what's so bad about that?).

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
dirtworld, bbtc, mtbr, the aforementioned book...and watching for locals posting rides...

riding around at places like sst and meeting people will also get you to other trails...

the best ones are the ones nobody mentions :)

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
Thanks for the responses, I'll have to check out those publications. I'm usually bombing around the trails of SST most nights after 4pm (I'll be there tonight in fact). Most of the time I'm on the trails, but sometimes when no one's looking I'll hit the stuff in the back.