Quantcast

new to redding, any riding/riders?

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
well i just arrived in redding this afternoon. first time ever being in california and i'm here for 4 months. looking to find some riding/people to ride with around this area. freeride/dj/trials/whatever, lemme know if you're in the area!

on that note, are there any djs around this area? pm me if there are. cheers

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
If you're willing to travel south to Sac I can show you some dj'n here. Plus there's some DH/FR trails in Auburn.

SPDu4ea

Chimp
May 1, 2006
Check out www.reddingmountainbiking.com

There is also a new book out called northstate singletrack with most of the trails in the area included. For downhill, the Mt Shasta ski park ( www.skipark.com ) used to run the lifts in the summer. Last year they had a new owner and did some renovations and didn't run them, and so far I don't know whether they plan on being open this year.

As for dirt jumping (I'm assuming thats what DJ is), I know of one little "park" out on BLM land. If you park your car at Keswick Dam on the South side of the river (dirt parking lot) you can ride back towards the river trail on an old railroad grade. About 1/4 to 1/2 of a mile on the dirt road, you'll see a well-used single track trail to the right. If you take it, you'll have a small climb to do but will notice that the turns are all banked and there are jumps for you to do on the way back down. At the top of this hill, you'll come to a meadow with the jumps...