Quantcast

New to the Auburn area

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Heath Sherratt said:
Like what time? Shuttles? Trail rides? BOTH? Where do you meet? PM me with info.
what kind of riding do you do?

my friends and I shuttle eachother for DH bus sometimes we go on XC rides and we just park at the confluence

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Sick. That's what I'm talking about, DH-ers that ride up the hill also. Right now I am looking for someone to take me on some shuttles as I have a new Gemini with no time on it and want to ride it to it's potential. Today!! or Tomorrow. I have a mini-van with sportworks and can take four to five dh bikes. Let's get this ball rolling!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
F.O.G said:
Heath,
This is WEEEEEAVER, hook up with Kelly. He is always riding up there and knows the trails really well. E-mail him kellyrbike@aol.com , he is probably riding as I type.
Chris
O.K. WEEEEEEVAH, I talked to kerry de odder day at xc race. I tlied to carr him but no repry as of yet. Thank you though fo rooking out fo a bludda.

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
The Gemini is definitely a good bike for Auburn. It's a tad overkill but you can still pedal up everything. The only reason I am now retiring mine is because I just got a new Prophet!

Cool thing about the gemini is that you can do the trails or shuttle mammoth or do northstar on one bike ;)

I'll be taking the prophet to N* anyway this year seeing as Im selling my gemini, but it would be nicer to have the burlier bike there.

Also dont forget Rockville in the Fairfield area. I love those trails up there!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I used to live in Concord and all I rode in the winter was rockville. That place likks it but not from here, that's a serious trek just for that place. I want to learn the area and live here, ya know. Breathe, work, play. I have aprophet also.. Cannondale rips. When do we ride?

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
Best place for technical would be to shuttle Mammoth bar. Manzanita -> Culvert -> Clem is a good fairly technical trail ride as well.

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
Rocky, murder, eastside are all pretty technical trails as well - especially at speed. There are some great dirt jumps in Auburn as well as some good sized drops. I heard Cool side is shut down though

Also, in Orangevale, there is a BMX track with lots of fun lines if you are working on your skills. It is on Pecan Rd. between Pershing and Greenback. I go there on Mondays before class.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
mtbikermark said:
Rocky, murder, eastside are all pretty technical trails as well - especially at speed. There are some great dirt jumps in Auburn as well as some good sized drops. I heard Cool side is shut down though

Also, in Orangevale, there is a BMX track with lots of fun lines if you are working on your skills. It is on Pecan Rd. between Pershing and Greenback. I go there on Mondays before class.
coolside is still running.

and as for pecan, this dude and my friends and some others started building up the jumps, fixing them, etc. and now if the district sees a shovel out tehre they are going to shut it down because the people with the houses right there on the track dont like bikes :/. anywas this brings me to my point, they are all jacked up

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Those people that live behind the bmx track are insane. They are upset that they chose wrong and moved right behind a park. We're not out there doing drugs, drinking or anything bad. Just some guys and kids riding bikes and they act like we're breaking the law. While I know that some people are probably loud, I've had people look over the fence numerous times when I've been out there alone and take pictures of me, especially the house behind the big tree... He hides behind the fence and holds his camera up... Freaky...

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
yea man, they complain about the dust and stuff, i wonder what they thought that dirt ring behind the house was when they moved in lol

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I rode awwburn tonight. Eastside's ruts are so big... They just swallow you up real quick... I rode clementine and the tunnel was like a mud pit and the mosquitoes are everywhere! It was a good afternoon though... Anyone up for saturday?

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Yeti DHer said:
I rode awwburn tonight. Eastside's ruts are so big... They just swallow you up real quick... I rode clementine and the tunnel was like a mud pit and the mosquitoes are everywhere! It was a good afternoon though... Anyone up for saturday?
Yo Chris, I'm down for Sat. weather permitting. PM me.

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Today was another great day on the hill. It was great to be out and riding agian. I rode yesterday but flatted and had to walk down (after riding all the way up!) Tomorrow I'm planning for sandhill so if anyone is going to be out there, I'll be out there with the camera!

Chris

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Yeti DHer said:
Hopefully saturday... I have the dentist tomorrow...damnit
are you guys planning on going real early on saturday? and would you mind one more with a truck for shuttling?

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
It's going to be really wet. It poured here this afternoon and when I travelled up the hill it was raining too. Hard down pours too...