Quantcast

New to the PNW

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Haha, I just re-read this and it reads like a damned personal ad, but whatever:

Hi All.

I just moved to McMinnville, OR from Richmond, VA and will probably be getting my container with my bikes sometime next week. This thought almost makes me tear up, because it has been forever since I got in a good trail ride of any type...) Anyway, I am trying to figure out the local bike scene and find some like-mided folks to ride, build and dig with.

I generally ride XC, trail / free-ride and DJ in no particular order of preference or skill. The municipal DJ-trails in Carlton, OR are right at my skill and comfort level. Are there any other DJ-trails around of that level? I am not afraid of the shovel. In fact, we're excellent friends.

So can anyone provide some suggestions of some must-ride trails, local forums, groups, group rides, local shop, guru, nail salon, etc.?

Thanks for the help!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
There is some great riding to be had around for sure. I don't know too much about the dj scene but there is great riding at the black rock mountain bike area in Falls City (by Salem), awesome stuff down in Bend OR, some cool trails and big stunts out at Post Canyon in Hood River, and more projects getting started pretty soon here. For more info on building and some upcoming projects at Stub Stewart State Park and the Tillamook State Forest you should head over to westsidetrailfederation.org If you ever want to head out for a ride just hit me up. I will probably be out building or riding most weekends and as often as possible during the week.

Oh, also definitely check out the shuttle day coming up on october 17th out at blackrock. there is info on that over on the west side trail federation site.