Quantcast

New to Vancouver

NovatoSCFR

Monkey
Aug 27, 2004
NOVATO CA
I just moved to UBC for college from near San Francisco, just built my bike up, and am ready to ride. However I've got no idea about anything, so if anyone wants a new ride buddy, hit me up. I'm itchin to ride after not having been on the bike since early july.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
theres a shuttle service from BC although i dont know if you can take your bike with you. . ?
what good does that do if you cant take your bike? :huh:

And...didnt he say that he's at the University of British Columbia? Meaning he's already there... :bonk:

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
what good does that do if you cant take your bike? :huh:

And...didnt he say that he's at the University of British Columbia? Meaning he's already there... :bonk:
wow scott, your retarded, i never said you couldnt, i just said i dont know if you can, but seing as how its BC to whistler exclusively, im pretty damn sure there is transportation in whcih you can take your bike, and i know hes already there, but that would be a great place to ride and meet new riding buddies.

and im applying to UBC as well, thad be sick to go there, north shore, pemby, whizgnar, all so close

djb

Monkey
Apr 6, 2006
VanCity
congrats on picking one of the best places in the world to live!

John Henry's on the north shore usually has a shuttle that goes up to whistler every now and then. they do charge, though i dont think it's much. but you get a ride up there and back.

im not sure how you drive, but it should only take a little over an hour to get there from vancouver.

there's a ton of good trails that are easily accessable around the north shore though. there's a really good map site, with trail maps and such. cant remember it right now, and the links on my desktop not my laptop. but you can get to them by bus, if you're lacking a car. 99 BLine - Broadway - Seabus
Then there's about 3 different buses that you can take to get to Grouse, Fromme, etc, all equipped with bike racks.

i just moved back to burnaby, it's awesome.
hopefully my bike build will be done in time to get some rides in.