Quantcast

New Toy!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Picked up this little gem yesterday. Been looking for a nice used one for a while with no luck. Found an 04 at a dealer looking to make room for 06 models, got it for close to what I was looking to get a used one for. Now I just need to figure out how to load a bicycle on it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Keep the rubber side down dawg.
I hear ya, I have no plans on trying to tear up the roads. Just cheap fun transportation. If I find myself out on a nice country road I often end up going slower than if I were in my car because I actually enjoy the experience. I'm looking to take the advanced motorcycle safety course for to freshen up the skills.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
coolness !!!

I have been so itching to buy something.....

thats a sv650, yes? can i ask how much you paid??
Yep, an SV650S. Paid a hair over 5.

LordOpie said:
nice!

Careful with using the kickstand on dirt
That there dirt is harder than any asphalt. A chunk of steel lives under the seat for soft surface support.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
nice... not really my speed, but looks sharp. How about some details... make/model/engine/etc.?

This is what I'm hoping for come spring time... though probably not yellow

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
nice... not really my speed, but looks sharp. How about some details... make/model/engine/etc.?

This is what I'm hoping for come spring time... though probably not yellow

suzuki sv650's are pretty popular/highly recommended, basically a super fun ride

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
suzuki sv650's are pretty popular/highly recommended, basically a super fun ride
For a "budget" bike I was very impressed. Tranny was smoother than on my Honda VFR which cost close to twice as much. The engine is tuned more for torque than peak horsepower, designed more for riding on the road and not a street legal race bike.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Please tell me you wear a helmet and leathers. I dont know what it is about ricers, but so many around here ride them at insane speeds with t shirts and jeans on.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
mack said:
Please tell me you wear a helmet and leathers. I dont know what it is about ricers, but so many around here ride them at insane speeds with t shirts and jeans on.

Intelligence from mack?

Smartest thing you've ever said....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What are Y'all wearing for protection? I have an old Cortech Cordura jacket with armour. Nice in the winter hotter than a mother ****er this time of year. I've looked at some of the flow through mesh jackets and the perforated leather jackets, any opinions on what is good at keeping you protected and somewhat comfy?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i see a lot of dudes wearing the joe rocket line...it seems to strike a nice balance between breathability and protection but its a little on the pricey side (along the lines of dianese) would be a good comparison i suppose, but a hellava lot cheaper than a ER bill!

either way keep the rubbah side down

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Westy said:
What are Y'all wearing for protection? I have an old Cortech Cordura jacket with armour. Nice in the winter hotter than a mother ****er this time of year. I've looked at some of the flow through mesh jackets and the perforated leather jackets, any opinions on what is good at keeping you protected and somewhat comfy?
alpinestars leather jacke with joe rocket alter-ego pants. the pants are great, the jacket was pretty hot this summer.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Westy said:
SUMMER
Joe Rocket Ballistic mesh jacket with armor pieces -- I went down really hard once, slid a bit and the jacket only got scuffed, no breakage. $85 on ebay.

JR mesh gloves. $15 online at MAW something or other.

WINTER
Regular leather jacket and heavy leather gloves.

ALL SEASON
KBC VR-1 helmet. I like how easy it is to replace the visor. The first one I had took too much damage in the accident, but my head was fine. $130 at motorcycle closeout website.

Leather Boots with grease gripping soles, steel toe, leather patch over boot for gear shifter and velcro closures. $65 online at (i think) sportsmans warehouse.

at the moment, just denim jeans.