Quantcast

New Toy....

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
porsche is better...

i ahve a friend and his dad owns 7 luxury cars, 5 bikes and he say no lambo, no ferrari nothing is better that a 911 porsche turbo...

and he can afford everything but porsche is the best and most comforatble car you know all in one in the world...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Downhiller said:
porsche is better...

i ahve a friend and his dad owns 7 luxury cars, 5 bikes and he say no lambo, no ferrari nothing is better that a 911 porsche turbo...

and he can afford everything but porsche is the best and most comforatble car you know all in one in the world...
everyone has there preference. :nopity:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Downhiller said:
porsche is better...

it also comes down to the enviroment, and the taste of the driver.

a porsche is much less "in yo´ face!!" than a lamborghini or a ferrari. (that is a very important safety factor in less developed countries like eastern europe or south america).
also driving a porsche in less than perfect roads is much more forgiving than driving a lamborghini or a ferrari.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
rideit said:
Alexis, imagine leaving that out on the curb on Avenida Grau for say, tem minutes? or even a daylight spin in Gamarra?
haha, you´d be dead.
there is one ferrari 360 spyder sitting for sale for quite a while a few blocks from my house.. i dont see anybody buying a car like that to be, just to be kidnapped the next day. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
it's all about 'stealth wealth', my friend.
Hey, I will be back for sure next spring (fall/april).
I *may* come down sooner, but ticket prices are finally getting nuts. I wanna be in Playa Asia for Semana Santa, THAT is a party!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
that´d be great. i think i´ll most likely be going to college this spring up there in the states.

i hope i can drop by a few days down here for semana santa too.
i´d be definately here for the summer may/aug though.
you should try to come down on late october, there is an urban dh race coming, its pretty sweet.
i just got a new dh bike, its gonna be my return to the dh!!!!!!!!!!! (<ride of valkyries playing>)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Tacoma for the win! j/k I mean really, most of the places I drive are 40mph. For the few miles I can go 55mph I feel a Ferrari still would be silly thing to own. That and I can throw firewood, camping gear, a cooler, and my bike in the back.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
For a second there I was confused, I always though N8 would drive a Miata.

The Ferrari is in a whole different league from a Porsche. Sure a Porsche can be just as fast, but you buy the Ferrari for looks and exclusivity. There are tons of people who can't tell the difference between a Carrera GT and a Boxter, so you get the same impact with a $45k car that you would with a $450k car. The Ferrari sticks out and says "I've made it"

Also Ferraris are just plain old fashioned fun to drive.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Maxyedor, you just listed why I wouldn't want to own a Ferrari. Personally I would take a Carrera GT and none of the "oh, ah, he's rich."

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
rideit said:
I almost talked myself into a Lotus last fall. Not in the same league, but it was in MY league!
There is a 4 year waiting list for one of these bad boys, and available models go for an easy $100,000 over sticker...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
There is a 4 year waiting list for one of these bad boys, and available models go for an easy $100,000 over sticker...
for the elise??? that's nuts. MSRP is around 50K. who in their right mind would pay triple that?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I found this parked outside my apartment complex yesterday:

:drool: It may not be a Ferrari, but I'd own one.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
a couple old pictures (may 2005)...

about 50-60 miles east of Lima, getting ready for a hillclimb before a city2city rally. (gotta love when they close 150 miles for mountain roads, there are about 4 hours before the race when you can have the road for yourself). that is about 2500-3000 ft high.

highest point of the mountain pass. about 150 miles east of lima.
4400 meters above sea level. thats about 13000ft high. 10k ft gain in 100 miles of road. heck of a ride. on the ride back down to lima, the 911 brakes faded really bad.

amg for t3h win!!11!oneone!!1