Quantcast

New toy

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Replacement frame:

Chili.jpg

Have shows tonight and tomorrow and must visit my buddy who just had a chunk of his posterior interior (colon) removed on Sunday.

Might be next week before it's built... Unless I don't want to sleep.

Will post an assembly thread / pics.

Peace,
Marc

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Never quite got why knolly were so pumped on their full length seat tube, then they angled it like an old GT ARC and it was rendered useless outside of one specific height. Looks like they're better now, at least.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Never quite got why knolly were so pumped on their full length seat tube, then they angled it like an old GT ARC and it was rendered useless outside of one specific height. Looks like they're better now, at least.
Yes, the ST angle is way more 'normal'.

RE: Seattube; I was skeptical of that aspect of the design, but I bought the former frame (Endorphin) at a good price mostly because it fit all the parts from my Uzzi. Turns out, it was a joy to ride. So fast, so flowy. Just stand on the pedals and let it all fly by... But, the top tube cracked at the weld (maybe due to the seat tube angle).

The Chilcotin is the replacement and I hope it rides just as well.

I like the 1.5 Headset and the 142x12 rear end as well.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
didn't know this bike existed. Have fun w/ it. Looks pretty big too!

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Hey Marc what happened to your ventana?

We have to ride again, maybe hunters before the snow flies. PM me your number I lost it.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Hey Marc what happened to your ventana?

We have to ride again, maybe hunters before the snow flies. PM me your number I lost it.
This has been my unlucky year. I broke the Ventana in June (Snapped both top and down tube in JRA fashion) which Ventana crash replaced with a Terramoto. Rode the Knolly until *it* cracked the top tube.

Both companies have great crash replacement policies and I now have a 2011 Ventana Terramoto and a 2012 Knolly Chilcotin.

We can do Hunters next weekend.
The Knolly needs a BB chase/face and HS installed. Chris is on his "winter hours" so it'll be Wed. before I can finish the bike, but next weekend could certainly be it's maiden voyage. I'll PM you my #.

Peace,

Marc

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
I've had a Knolly DT for several years now. Can't say enough good about the product and the company!
You down in Lancaster PA?

I bought the Endo sight unseen (saw pics) only because it's part spec fit all the parts I had laying around. Was blown away by the design and the feel.
Everyone that I've talked to at the company is a straight up biker, and Noel is a stand-up guy who is owed a big glass o'single malt next time he's in my neck of the woods (probably never, but open offer).

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Was able to do a bit of work over the weekend..

Frame in stand with seatpost and seat attached.
chili-frame.JPG

Knolly rep hooked me up with some RWC enduro needle bearing replacments for shock DU bushing. He put some on his bike and had to slow the rebound two clicks because of these.
chili-Shock.JPG

New Direct Attach eType FD
chili-FD.JPG

Last edited:

local717

Monkey
Apr 11, 2010
Mt.Gretna/Lancaster
You down in Lancaster PA?QUOTE]

Currently, yes.

I met The Knolly crew at IB a few years back when I was still working for Lupine Lights. Demo'd a DT and fell in love with it. Exactlly what I was looking for, mini DH bike that pedals well! Enjoy that thing! I was kinda thinking about selling my DT for a Chilcotin, but I really like the geo on my DT.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Bike is assembled and the first ride report has been filed.

the bike "Stable"

Post Sunday Ride:

Rear Axle:

Trail Shot:

I think Brodie wanted to go on this ride too:

Ride report thread is here

Last edited: