Quantcast

New "trail bike" rides for 2015 (No DH bikes allowed!)

bengxe

Monkey
Dec 19, 2011
upstate NY
Nice! Is that a spitty or a rune (can read the model name)? Just wondering about the coil shock, as I had a long conversation with Keith about running a coil shock on my MkI spitty, and it was a no bueno idea according to him. So it seems like the kinematics have changed a bit if that's a MkII spitty.
It's a Rune v2. The v1s had a lot more end stroke digression that would probably make it too easy to bottom out with a coil. The v2s are progressive through most of the travel, but I'd still want some kind of bottom out control from the shock (like this vector hlr). I'm assuming spitty kinematics are similar.
http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2012/08/banshee-rune-v2-2013.html?m=1

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
My new used Steed as of a week and a half ago. Almost unrideable, VPP, 29er, Intense, Ardent in the rear, bars are too wide, stem is too long, seat is too seaty, but it should hold me over for a year until I jump on the 27.5 bandwagon with a Transition of some sort.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
My new used Steed as of a week and a half ago. Almost unrideable, VPP, 29er, Intense, Ardent in the rear, bars are too wide, stem is too long, seat is too seaty, but it should hold me over for a year until I jump on the 27.5 bandwagon with a Transition of some sort.

Nice floor. And bike.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Grabbed a ibis mojo HD
fox talas 180
ccdb air CS
reverb dropper post
spike 800mm bars
spike 50mm stem
formula one brakes
hopes laced to flow
magic marys
xtr cassette 11/36
wolf industries 42th cog
RAD cage on XTR shadow der
XT cranks
Twenty6 predator pedals

I will say although I'm in my swapping bikes phase I do love this bike, it climbs even without the CS on I climbed up a longer trail and forgot it was off... It jumps really really well, corners on a dime and is easy to find the pocket on it... It seems like sitting a little ontop but that goes away when it starts descending... Amazes me it drops as well as it does over nasty stuff and climbs as well as it does...

It is not a full blown DH type set up, granted it could easily rip stuff up asnd line choice would be a bit more crucial on nasty rock piles but it is SO easy to maneuver the rear around to swap line choice extremely fast....

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^^ Nice Mojo! :thumb:

*** warning: moar dentist bikes content *** :tinfoil:

Here's the latest evolution of my HDR - THE B-SEXXER!
650b front / 26 rear, both @150mm, rear with one offset bushing. The coiler AVY is back and damn I've missed it so much. Something is telling me I am going to keep this little bastard for a while.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
^^ Nice Mojo! :thumb:

*** warning: moar dentist bikes content *** :tinfoil:

Here's the latest evolution of my HDR - THE B-SEXXER!
650b front / 26 rear, both @150mm, rear with one offset bushing. The coiler AVY is back and damn I've missed it so much. Something is telling me I am going to keep this little bastard for a while.

I stuck my reverb back on...so it slams now...the bike is pretty damn amazing....lol how you liking yours?..

The ccdb air with CS did real good on some nasty rocks last weekend...was expecting to have to get ready to hop the first pile but said screw it went head on and let it deflect aroud....wasn't as much pinball as I was thinking. ...actually soaked up almost all of it...
Tuned right it would make a pretty good mini dh bike....

I slacked it out I think 1 or 1.5 via canecreek can't remember but that and the 180 fox kills it....really good angles....

I'd like to have your version for angles and 27.5 wheel especially up front....good looking bike

Last edited:

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I snapped my Covert for the third time. Transition gave me a good deal on a crash replacement patrol. I swapped all my parts onto the new frame. Definitely liking it so far and looking forward to finding my ideal set up.
2015-09-13 22.34.54.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I slacked it out I think 1 or 1.5 via canecreek can't remember but that and the 180 fox kills it....really good angles....

I'd like to have your version for angles and 27.5 wheel especially up front....good looking bike
Thank you. This is my second used Mojo frame, first was a medium HD, this is a large HDR. I had a -1deg angleset on the first one (with 650b wheels, 160mm fork, 8.5x2.5 shock w/ offset bushings and travel limiters to get ~ 145mm in the rear). This b6er is slack enough even without an angleset, 65 deg and I could slacken it more by increasing fork travel. The frames are definitely fun for tinkering, I wish the BB was a bit lower though.

One more pic from yesterday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I snapped my Covert for the third time. Transition gave me a good deal on a crash replacement patrol. I swapped all my parts onto the new frame. Definitely liking it so far and looking forward to finding my ideal set up. View attachment 120529
dude...you going for four? if i'd snapped three frames from the same company no way in hell i'm dumping more of my hard earned $ into them. GLWP

frgeoff

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Digging your guys mojo hd's! ive had a lot of bikes over the last few years, this is so far my all time favorite trail bike (because i havent owned an HD yet).. '08 7point with 8.5" shortened rear shock, avy lyrik and -2deg headset. it needs an avy tuned rear shock to replace this ccdba. #DHR2ftmfw

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
spitty.JPG

Picked up a 2015 V2 Spitty a few months back to replace my V1. I have to say that I thought the V1 was perfect, but somehow the V2 is "Perfecter" ;)

X-Fusion Vengence HLR Coil
CCDB Inline w Climb Switch (Drool)
Saint Brakes
KS Kev

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I had and loved a Spitfire V1 as well. Been on my V2 since February 2013 and agree--it's better in every way. Still really liking it.

Do share your thoughts about the Inline on there--I've got a nonCS DBa on mine and love it. Always wondered if the Inline would be as sweet.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Before work ride with the Bowhunters and the small game hunters. Kinda fun trying to find the guys in full camo shooting guns up into the trees at squirrels, while simultaneously looking for the guys in full camo sitting int he trees with bows trying to find deers while the squirrel hunters are shooting up into the trees and here I am just riding my bike in bright ass clothes.....

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
What didn't you like about the patrol? I swapped my 5010 for my buddies scout the other day, came away with a smile on my face, as did he after riding my bike.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
What didn't you like about the patrol? I swapped my 5010 for my buddies scout the other day, came away with a smile on my face, as did he after riding my bike.
It didn't fit me. A large isn't as big as it used to be. I should have gone xl. Their reach spec of 18"(L) is bogus. It felt smaller than my large covert in that department

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Couldn't help myself. It seems pretty rideable to me so far. I couldn't stand my patrol (size large, I should have gone xl).
Nice bike, I love mine.
It will be infinitely more rideable if you swap out the RS Wallow-air for a float x2.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
It didn't fit me. A large isn't as big as it used to be. I should have gone xl. Their reach spec of 18"(L) is bogus. It felt smaller than my large covert in that department
yeaH, I read that in your Facebook ad. I ride a large 5010, i was expecting my buddies large scout to feel huge by the numbers, it felt fine though.

Sizing is so whack across the brands right now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've added a few things to the bicycle in the last few weeks: new fork, new pads/rotors, new tires and seat post a while ago, new grips and lots of chain lube.

Probably should have just purchased a new bike...

This picture makes my bike look tiny and with a steep head angle, hmmm. Totally unrideable.

Time to go swing a leg over it and freeze my gonads off.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
My new 2016 Lapierre Zesty AM 527
Just pulled it out of the box yesterday and built it up..... replaced the stock Sram GX drivetrain with 1x11 XTR, blue RaceFace NW 32t cinch ring, Csix DH cranks and added a southpaw dropper lever and Mavic charge 2.4 front and Mavic Quest 2.4 rear tyres.
IMG1482.jpg