Quantcast

New "trail bike" rides for 2015 (No DH bikes allowed!)

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Post up what you've put together for the 2015 trail bike season (yes for some of us it's winter and we aren't riding right now)

No DH bikes, because I hate them.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
If someone starts a "New 2015 Fat Bike" thread, I'm going to burn down an animal shelter.

As for the bikes so far, a lot of ass kicking. Seriously, some great shred sleds - keep'em coming (even the bottom line inefficient ones).

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
If someone starts a "New 2015 Fat Bike" thread, I'm going to burn down an animal shelter.

As for the bikes so far, a lot of ass kicking. Seriously, some great shred sleds - keep'em coming (even the bottom line inefficient ones).
great idea, I'll start that one next !!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

My whip this year;
2015 Lapierre Zesty 527AM
From new I changed it to 1x11 XTR (mechanical)
170mm 6C cranks (low BB height plus short legs)
RaceFace Narrow wide 32T ring
Mallet 2 pedals
Southpaw lever for the KS integra post
Mavic Charge 2.4 tire up front (love this tire!)
Mavic Roam 2.2 on the rear (great if you like speed and never deal with off camber or mud or rapid braking..... I hate this tire.).

Totally love this bike (apart from stupid rear tire)

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I'm liking the clear thread titles :)

Colours not looking vivid - stupid sun ruining the shot. Will get some fancy DSLR Bokeh shit going soon enough

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Specialized was blowing the 26" Stumpjumper EVO Carbon frames out for a great price, couldn't say no. Also picked up a new Pike and hoping to put a Monarch Plus on there soon.

fubuki

Chimp
Dec 5, 2004
PNW

Ignore the DH bike in this picture. Just picked up this '15 Process 153DL about a week ago. I've already ridden it more in the past week than I ever rode my Trance 29er it replaced.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Specialized was blowing the 26" Stumpjumper EVO Carbon frames out for a great price, couldn't say no. Also picked up a new Pike and hoping to put a Monarch Plus on there soon.
I am currently with out a trail bike because I sold my stumpjumper that I "evo'd". Was such a fun bike to ride.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I am currently with out a trail bike because I sold my stumpjumper that I "evo'd". Was such a fun bike to ride.
I have been on a 2012 EVO for 3 years, and have really liked it. I was looking hard at a few different things to replace it with, but when I saw that I could get a new carbon frame for less than I paid for the aluminum version I went for it. My only complaint with the bike has been the rear shock, but now with the Monarch option hopefully that will fix it.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
spitty 2.JPG

Nearly 2 years on this thing and still love it. Put some Next SL cranques on there but no pics cause she's all apart for winter cleaning, suspension service and fresh bearings.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I have been on a 2012 EVO for 3 years, and have really liked it. I was looking hard at a few different things to replace it with, but when I saw that I could get a new carbon frame for less than I paid for the aluminum version I went for it. My only complaint with the bike has been the rear shock, but now with the Monarch option hopefully that will fix it.
I would agree, the fox ctd auto sag left something to be desired.

My complaints on my stumpy would be creaky press fit, proprietary shock set up, and a rear hub and axle that both always worked their way loose. Otherwise I loved the bike

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
My main squeeze. My beloved covert 26 converted to 650b and slacked way out. The only peice of the frame that's original is the rocker and seat stays. I made the switch to a pike late last season and recently picked up a dB inline, which I'm loving over the monarch I was running.
I also have a process 134dl which rocks, and an angleset'd Bikesdirect fatbike.

Attachments

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Megatrail: The offical shred sled of ridemonkey
Added a few things recently..
MRP AMg + 42t (yes I turned in my man card)
XO Trails instead of shimanos
bumped the renthals up to 20mm rise
stealth hubs on flow ex/i25 kom combo
have a tioga spyder saddle Im going to swap for the wtb
things dialed
shes a bit dirty right now because the dirts been good

Last edited:

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
my b day is coming up (i know, no one cares), but i think im going to gift myself some new (carbunz) bars and cranks.

never had plastic stuff on a mtb before, should be cool. ill post a pic when i am done.

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria

Megatrail dominance!
31lbs., no carbon, Manitou fork, totally unrideable.

edit: But wait, there's more! six-fifty-bi-bdsm wheels! I'm on the kill list...FML

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Same heavy thing as last year. Really need to get it on a diet.
DROOL>>>>>

I'm hoping to get a new Spitty in Black this year. I've been riding one of the original spitfires for about 4 years now and it is starting to show its age. I'll probably start off w/ 26in but then move to 650b as parts get harder and harder to find.