Quantcast

New "trail bike" rides for 2015 (No DH bikes allowed!)

Olga_icannot

Chimp
Aug 16, 2014
Seattle
Since this has kinda turned into the official show me your Megatrail thread I'll add mine to the mix. Love this thing. Put in an incredible ride over the weekend.

Megatrail_small.jpg
MegatrailandRainier.jpg

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Gave my pitch a proper revamp for 2015, should be good for another couple years while I save for something fancier!

2014:

2015:

Changes:
Magic Mary / HD instead of HD / Nobby Nic, now tubeless
36 float rc2
fresh chain cassette etc

still 26" I know but i love it :) it rips

Olga_icannot

Chimp
Aug 16, 2014
Seattle
You live in seattle...........

Watch this: northeast of crystal. If I get that right you're fired. :D
With all due respect to Kidwoo (because I'd hate to get on his bad side) this spot is northwest of Crystal Mt. :busted:
You get to keep your job for another day, HAB. This is along Palisades trail. We rode up Ranger Creek and out Palisades on Sunday in conditions that felt way more like August than March

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It's absurd. I did a hike a couple weeks ago that would normally have the trailhead (at 3000 feet) inaccessible this time of year. There wasn't any snow until about 5000'.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I knew you guys were having a crap winter but that looks silly.

We should just get this over with and set the whole west coast on fire.
That reminds me- is it bad enough that I can come ride my dirtbike in tahoe yet? My buddy wants me to come up and ski and I'd rather be all braaaaaap

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'm probably going to go ride moto this weekend. And I don't even ride moto. As in I'm borrowing a bike and will be trying not to kill myself at 5mph. The skiing is that good.
Well that settles it. Oh and if there is any deep snow up there on your ride- avoid it on a moto. That stuff will mess you up more than on a mtb.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I assume that's for tire clearance/to get shorter stays on his clown wheel.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Let me know if how you like the Magic Mary HD combo. I had been thinking of doing the same.

-Brett
It's sweet, on loamy / natural and even loose rocky trails its awesome.

Although in the UK it's a draggy combo at trail center type trails, so I'm going to try the new nobby nic on the back next as that still looks like it would be awesome in loam but rolls faster. Completely sold on magic mary on the front

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Just sold my dh bike and bought a nomad frame should be here in a week. I think I can pull off my 20 days of dh a year on the nomad and actually pedal it...

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Juggy1985;27821538 said:
This big bike thread needs manning up, all this computer talk is edging closer to lycra than ever :-(

OK, well, not entirely manly ... but current and future build plans on the reign

"Enduro" build

Got some new stickers coming to go all matching, will be peeling the shock's sticker off to go back to the stock one beneath it

Above is with Grid casing tyres, but for full on DH days, I have a cheaper / heavier wheels with full dual ply tyres and a coil shock to go on with it... let's call it the Park bike build.

Halfway there with park bike
http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb12053255/p5pb12053255.jpg

...with the coil

THEN, just for shhits n giggles, I also have another configuration that might raise a smile or two , again... watch this space

Last edited:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Parts are rolling in for my 2015 build...pictures when complete.

Bronson Carbon Black/Magenta
PIKE RCT3 27 15QR SA 150
King InSet 3 Tapered Headset
X01 Trigger Shifter
XG-1195 Cassette
PC XX1 HollowPin Chain
X01 GXP Crankset
XT M785 Disc Brake Set With Ice Tech Rotors
King Threadfit Bottom Bracket Package for SRAM Mountain
X01 Rear Derailleur
KS LEV Integra Seatpost
FI'ZI:K Tundra2 Saddle