Quantcast

New trail construction north shore style...help needed

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
hey all you va :monkey:s

a new addition to a trail will begin construction nov 5th and 6th in williamsburg. the local advocacy group, evma, has secured BOTH permission AND funding (lumber, concrete, etc) to begin construction of a north shore style elevated trail at new quarter park in williamsburg. it would be greatly appreciated if'n y'all could come out and lend a hand!
if you are interested let me know and i can provide further details

thanks!! :thumb:

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
nice! if i was closer then 4 hours away i'ld be all over that. my family lives there so when ever i get over there i'll give you a hand, i'm always ready to get out of the house when i'm over there.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
ridetoofast said:
hey all you va :monkey:s

a new addition to a trail will begin construction nov 5th and 6th in williamsburg. the local advocacy group, evma, has secured BOTH permission AND funding (lumber, concrete, etc) to begin construction of a north shore style elevated trail at new quarter park in williamsburg. it would be greatly appreciated if'n y'all could come out and lend a hand!
if you are interested let me know and i can provide further details

thanks!! :thumb:

Let me know........I'm only about an hour.........

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
rock on :thumb:

thanks for the support. unless something changes it will definitely be 11/5 and 11/6.

as far as i know we are even going to have an auger so the holes will be easy to dig. since this is the first endeavor of its kind in this area it will be a bit tame, i.e. not ridiculously high or skinny, but we're going to try to make it as interesting as possible. the features are to include a roller section, teter-totter, skinny section, drops to tranny, and a few doubles. the park is fully backing this effort so if we put out a solid product this could have a ripple effect at the other parks. the local group, evma, has a very good rapport with the local land management folks.

i'm fairly certain some of that hops and barley flavored goodness along with some dead animal flesh will occur at the end of each work day.

look forward to meeting you sk6...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Maybe on the sixth. On the 5th a buddy of mine is shooting a video. The first for his group. If ya get a chance google:

Conshafter

Light hearted, but fun.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
9am both days, 11/5 and 11/6. as the day gets closer please confirm that y'all can make it so i can pass on a head count to the dood organizing this shindig.

thanks, and look forward to meeting y'all.

ps this isn't a completely scripted act so to speak, and by that i mean we have a general idea of how its going to get laid out, however there will definitely be some improvisation along the way so be sure to have yer freeridin' thinking caps on when you come down :thumb:

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
email from the club,
"Hi Everyone,

We will begin construction on the raised trail at New
Quarter Park this Saturday Nov. 5 and Sunday Nov. 6,
beginning at 9 am. Please come to one or both work
days. Wear your EVMA t-shirt if you have one, and
bring work gloves and a hammer. For those of you who
don't have a t-shirt, you'll get one free for showing
up.

The Daily Press is writing a feature article on the
EVMA and they are sending a photographer to the park
on Saturday, so it would be really nice to have a good
turn-out.

Call Kirk or me at if you have any questions.
See you there.

Penny"

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
well we built about 70' of trail today. its pretty simplistic thus far, just an elevated, extended bridge. but tomorrow we're going to build a 'skinny' section. plans also include some dj action, and a teter totter. i'm going to see about getting a wall ride built too...

if'n any of you va :monkey:s can make it down it sure would be nice.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
well we built about 70' of trail today. its pretty simplistic thus far, just an elevated, extended bridge. but tomorrow we're going to build a 'skinny' section. plans also include some dj action, and a teter totter. i'm going to see about getting a wall ride built too...

if'n any of you va :monkey:s can make it down it sure would be nice.

direcions

From I-64 take exit 242A on to Route 199. After about a mile look for large green sign "(143) Williamsburg" and
take that exit bearing right onto Merrimac Trail for about a mile or two heading toward Williamsburg. Turn right at the traffic

light past the 7-11 onto Penniman Drive go just pass the school and take the next left onto Hubbard Lane. After about 1 mile+
you’ll go under a small overpass, just after that turn right onto Lakeshead Drive. There is a green sign for New Quarter Park

at the intersection of Hubbard and Lakeshead. Lakeshead Drive ends at the park (a little over a mile). Go through the gate and follow the road ~ 1 mile to the parking lot.