Quantcast

New trail

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I went and scouted in the rain today.

My goal for the weekend is to have blazed and marked a trail through the skatepark area. Later I plan on fixing the dirt jumps there.

Soon I will put in some big jumps, berms and whatever. I am really excited about one jump over a gully.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
boxed in a landing for the step up! This first section is gonna be HIGH SPEED. Also built a berm, another berm, some more trail.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Uhhhh. I hope you are only mocking my lack of camera/motivation to bring one. Today I continued carving out of the lip, built up the landing, worked on the 2nd berm. Although I did see somone drive by in a silverado with a lock jaw grip popping out the back. vibiker? Anywhoo, the trail is developing... slowly. That's what you get in the fall, about 2 hours of free time in light. Maybe pics if I drive there, not on the bike commute though.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Uhhhhh. NOrth of the skatepark is a creekbed. North does not translate to uphill. JK

Anyway, THe skatepark is in BURTON, not DOCKTON. Dockton is not worth riding anyway. They put up signs prohibiting building.

Originally Darren Lang and Jeff AMmon from the bike shop were going to build the DS course there. Unfortunately they never did. Darren has DJ's at his house though, I've never hit 'em up, I don't know him at all.

It's shaping up to be more of a DH trail now. WEST of the skatepark.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Uhhhhh. NOrth of the skatepark is a creekbed. North does not translate to uphill. JK

Anyway, THe skatepark is in BURTON, not DOCKTON. Dockton is not worth riding anyway. They put up signs prohibiting building.

Originally Darren Lang and Jeff AMmon from the bike shop were going to build the DS course there. Unfortunately they never did. Darren has DJ's at his house though, I've never hit 'em up, I don't know him at all.

It's shaping up to be more of a DH trail now. WEST of the skatepark.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Idiot BMX kids are doing stupid things to my trail!!! AAGHGHHG!! They cut down trees, cut bark with machetes, dig holes, leave garbage! ****ing christ!!! I'll kill them!! Goddamnit!! ****

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
sorry to hear that! did you try beating them up yet? a good ass-kicking allways seems to help little bastards like that to respect their elders!

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
It is totally legal, it is on School District property, where there is a precedent of dirtjumps, and permission to build. It is so releiving to know that my trail won't get destroyed like last time.