Quantcast

new trails in Buena vista Dinky Mt. update!!!! MUST READ

B

bikerdave69

about dinky...we have total permission...are stuff isn't going anywhere in the near future...next week..we have two more trails in mind to cut..so next week...the big log drop will be finished..hopfuly the ladder and bridges will be up on a other trail so you can ride it also...then a few more things to ride...there is one trail that you ride down...and all the other trails link from off of it...we need to cut a big ass up trail that goes all the way up the the top trails cause Dinky aready was a loop trail...but the other problem...you have to walk up the main trail that is pritty big...but we want to get rid up the i have to watch out factor. so by the end of the month we want to cut that trail...next monday and tuesday, in going to be working and ridding up there from 12- to about 5... so if any body isn't busy with school, work, girlfriends, etc. you can come up and see the progress.. and ride what we have.. ( build party anyone??)

about the terrain... you dont need to shuttle anything here.. its mostly single track wide where it needs to be. if you have a really big bike..you shouldn't have a problem walking or ridding you bike back up the hill...its not really steep or a crazy XC kinda climb.
im not for sure how much distance all the trails are...i guess you chould say it would be like a day at the dirt jumps.. they aren't so short where you ride down.. hit one stunt.. and turn around and do it again...but its not wistler or the 900 feet or so you travel down at wintergreen...but its free!!! ( but dont forget WG...cause i work there..and we want your busness haha)
if you come to ride..dont forget that these trails are very soft..so it will be a little bit to get them packed down..so make your way up here and check it out....

B

bikerdave69

coming from roanoke on I-81 go north ( from staunton go south 81) to the buena vista exit. take route 60 into bv. pass the stop -in once you get into town and go under the train bridge...go right then at the light pass hardees.. take a left....take your frist left up the hill on the left. and go around the college ( SVU) follow the road towards the left...take the next right pass the gym and some dorms and the tennis courts.. you''ll see ahead on the next block a water tower...just find a place to park on the block below and wake up the the trail passed the water tower...go right onlooks like a jeep road...follow it for just a little bit then you will run into a little ladder jump..just passed that is all the trails.

Buena Vista is about 45 mins from roanoke
40 mins from staunton
take 64 west to 81 from C-ville or richmond...
1 hour or so from C-ville
2 1/2 hours from Richmond...

if you get lost in town..just ask a local how to get to the college, and if your on campus..just ask a college kid where the water tower is (cause they dont know what Dinky Mt. is anymore).. and if your completly stumped..up by the college the water tower is on 27th of walnut.

throw it big!
bikerdave

B

bikerdave69

It's about a 3 to 3 and a half hour drive from Baltimore. I'd honestly say that if you are coming just to ride dinky, save the gas money and spend it on something for you bike. We havent built enough to ride all day yet, but soon. We're also looking to have a couple build parties and get it finished so we can ride some of the best(and only) stunts and good trails in the area. Let me know if you have any suggestions for stunts you'd like to see. Thanks again

Dave