Quantcast

New trails in the area...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Some of my friends have been doing a lot of digging about an hour away from my where I live. I hung out with them a bit last weekend and got to check out and film their trails a bit, and then we went down to another kids trails in IL. The second set of trails were very intricate, most lips were not inline with landings, good little stuff leading into bigger lines, and technical stuff like jumping out of berms, not to mention a 360 degree berm.

I did a quick edit, so enjoy.
http://vimeo.com/2166926

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
nice, nice, nice. From the vid, you could tell both spots are tech but I'm sure they are even more so in real life especially that 2nd place. Real good building, riding, and edit.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Thanks guys. I can't take any credit for the trails, though I have a feeling I will be putting some time in next spring. Jonathon's trails are super fun, just the little roller jump stuff and then the first few hits you find yourself carving hard off the lips one way and then the other to reach the landings. It feels good and looks better IMO then just straight jumping things, it forces some style to typically unstylish riders. Its crazy how video down plays things as well. The 360 berm appears in the video to be super easy, but when Tyler (the rider that 3's the transfer line) attempted it he over shot the exit, slammed his knee into his TT and split it open. Your game gets stepped up for sure when you have to react quickly instead of just hucking (not that I have anything against that scene either).

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Awesome!
I know what you mean about the video not doing justice to a place.... Makes it look easy. Go there in person, and it's a whole 'nother story!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Ya, I will admit there are a few shots that are a little sketchy, but I wouldn't say I did that bad either...
I think the vid was good - like you said a few a little shaky but it is so hard to really show what's going on in places like that. Open trails are hard enough but it's crazy hard with the trees and vegitation and then throw in some tech lines. I think you gave a real good capture of how those places are.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I concentrate really hard on holding my cam as steady as possible. It has helped a lot on the videos I've made.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Ya, the first shots are shakey, but that was right out of the car and relatively new camera. I'm getting used to it and got some good shots at the second set. I'm not out to be pro, just have fun and document some stuff! I'll try harder next time :-)

Carl, ya, you missed out :-) Come join me next time.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
That was really sweet. I like those one-handers at the start!

Very nice looking trails, those berm lines look awsome.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Man, these sound sweet. I'm on my
Blackberry so I can't watch the video right now. Where are the 1st set at in wisconsin? I know there's an awesome spot I've dug at chippewa if that's it...