New Trails

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Gimper4JC said:
In case you haven't already seen these

1500-Mile network

Monte Vista Ranch

How can we get involved? Help support this type of stuff?
I mentioned this on a previous post wondering whether it will be (or is) part of the new Trail Master Plan which I doubt since it is such a recent land deal.
Knowing the Nature Conservancy (buyer), MV may not turn into a "real park." In North County, they tend to manage open space easements used for mitigation or as mitigation banks (ie: MC Hammer's -can't touch this). Anyways, I'm hoping that MV does not turn into just an Open Space Easement or Preserve, which is likely since there are a lot of habitats there.
It's a cool area though if it turns out to be a park down the road like the Conservancy implicated when they "hand over" MV to the County.

Gimper4JC said:
1500-Mile network

Monte Vista Ranch

How can we get involved? Help support this type of stuff?
SDMBA.com and the San Diego County Trails Council are the best points of contact on the "County Trails" stuff. SDMBA has an excellent relationship with Marianne Vancio.

The Ramona Trails Assn. is a multiuse org out of, well, Ramona that is already involved with the Monte Vista Ranch stuff, and they are HUNGRY for MTB-riding members at the RTA. It's a mostly equestrian org, but that supports all-user trail sharing (oh, and when they put on an event, it ain't the limp pasta and Powerbars we get at MTB events...they serve Tri-tip and beer!! ) and are pretty darn active up there on the hill. They're at http://www.ramonatrails.org/ and will be riding at Los Penasquitos on National Trails Day, June 4th.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
EBasil said:
SDMBA has an excellent relationship with Marianne Vancio.

The Ramona Trails Assn. is a multiuse org out of, well, Ramona that is already involved with the Monte Vista Ranch stuff, and they are HUNGRY for MTB-riding members at the RTA.

So are you saying that if more MTB- riders become members of RTA then we will stand a better chance of getting a voice in the future use of this area?