Quantcast

new training toy

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Seeing as we [my wife and me] live in the middle of nowhere; 35 minutes to a gym and its cold as hell outside, we just got a precor efx 5.23 elipical trainer. Just did the heart rate program for 30 minutes + 5 cooldown that was harder than I though it would be. 23 min in zone ,max 182 ,avg 123. Its going to take a while to figure out the stride my feet wanted to be more forward than the foot pads allow. it has the adjustable ramp and whoo boy it burned the hamstrings above 12 degrees.:D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I like those machines, I use it at the gym for cross training a lot. You can really get cookin on those things. Arms swinging, legs pumping, danger!!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Originally posted by Heidi
I like those machines, I use it at the gym for cross training a lot. You can really get cookin on those things. Arms swinging, legs pumping, danger!!!
but you can either have the adjustable ramp or the swinging arms not both. And we got this so my wife could rehab her knee so fixed armrests were the safer choice

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by eric strt6

but you can either have the adjustable ramp or the swinging arms not both. And we got this so my wife could rehab her knee so fixed armrests were the safer choice
Yes, I used it a lot for knee rehab too.:thumb:

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

The Precor machines are a Godsend for me - my knees don't take to running well and the elliptical really helped me get a fantastic workout. The concept of running without impact just simply rocks!

Just out of curiosity - what does one of those bad boys cost?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Originally posted by Ranger
Servus!

The Precor machines are a Godsend for me - my knees don't take to running well and the elliptical really helped me get a fantastic workout. The concept of running without impact just simply rocks!

Just out of curiosity - what does one of those bad boys cost?
over 3000 but no payments until 2003 so we just set aside 250 a month