Quantcast

New Transition Build

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
Hey guys I am new to the site and this site is great. Been DH for a while but took some time off due to injury. So I just got back into it have some sponsors and hope to hit the last few races left in the season and get ready for a full season next year..

Anyway here is my build what do u guys think please critique... thanks guys:)

09 Blindside
Boxxer WC
FOX RC4
Hope V2 w/ Floating rotors and Goodridge lines
Chris King Devo Headset
Azonic B52 Bars
Twenty 6 F1 Stem Direct Mount Urban Camo
Sram XO Shifter / X9 Rear SS Deraileur
Thompson Elite Post
Profile Racing DH 165mm Cranks
34T Imperial Race Ring
MRP G2
Twenty 6 Ralleye Pedals Urban Camo - Race
Sram PG Road Cassette
5050 Pedals - Thrash

Wheels -
Race setup Mavic 721 / Hope Pro 2 Hubs
Trasher Set Sun Ringle MTX / Atom Lab Pimp Hubs
Trasher Set Azonic Outlaws

Tires -
Dry - Race Setup Maxxis Minion DHF 3C
Wet - Race Setup Maxxis High Roller Front / SwampThing 2.5 Rear
Very Muddy or Some Snow - Race Setup Maxxis WetScream 2.5

Last edited:

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
Rode plattekil this weekend the blindside felt great a little bit to much sag since I have a 500lb spring on there and need a 700lb but everything else felt great those new Profile cranks are by far my favorite cranks great feel. And those new Hope V2 brake WOW they stop on a dime.. Best brakes I have dont miss my codes at all.....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Rode plattekil this weekend the blindside felt great a little bit to much sag since I have a 500lb spring on there and need a 700lb but everything else felt great those new Profile cranks are by far my favorite cranks great feel. And those new Hope V2 brake WOW they stop on a dime.. Best brakes I have dont miss my codes at all.....
I weigh 245 without gear.... I run 550 on my blindside

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
I weigh 245 without gear.... I run 550 on my blindside
Yeah a 550lb damn I could barely ride with a 500lb this weekend.. I used a 750lb before I got hurt on my 08 and it was just a bit stiff.. But I prefer a stiff ride that sounded ghey but you know what I mean..

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Lol I am 235lb without gear brotha...
700 will be way too much still, unless your only looking to have about a quarter in of sag, or you ride way ass over the back. 600 tops for your size with gear, Like I said, Im 245 without gear, I run a 550 with a Platform shock, so with the DHX I would say go for the 600.

TfTuned agrees with there calculator

http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Yeah a 550lb damn I could barely ride with a 500lb this weekend.. I used a 750lb before I got hurt on my 08 and it was just a bit stiff.. But I prefer a stiff ride that sounded ghey but you know what I mean..
If you wanna try out a 550lbx3" I have one at home, I'll sell ya for cheap.. It's wayy too heavy for me(220 w/o gear)..

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
700 will be way too much still, unless your only looking to have about a quarter in of sag, or you ride way ass over the back. 600 tops for your size with gear, Like I said, Im 245 without gear, I run a 550 with a Platform shock, so with the DHX I would say go for the 600.

TfTuned agrees with there calculator

http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx
I got the RC-4 not sure if that matters but I rode all season with a 700lb and it felt just right for me.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I got the RC-4 not sure if that matters but I rode all season with a 700lb and it felt just right for me.
Well def run what feels good for you, that is what is most important. I dont know enough on the rc4 for spring weights yet. But I do know that when I was first building the bike, with a DHX Mike was suggesting I run a 600 for my size.

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
Well def run what feels good for you, that is what is most important. I dont know enough on the rc4 for spring weights yet. But I do know that when I was first building the bike, with a DHX Mike was suggesting I run a 600 for my size.
Hmm yeah I like the 700lb but I havent felt a 600 to see how that feels the 500lb I know is way to plush I was sagging bad last weekend at NY. How much psi u running? I am always open to new settings and stuff thats why I ask maybe a 600 or 650 might be awesome for me. thanks for the help bro