Quantcast

New Transition Slopestyle Bike: The BottleRocket

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
See i dont want to go ANY bigger than that MC battery, this bike is replacing my DOC frame along with a 36 TALAS fork. My riding spots are progressing and i really dont ride that much street. It's tough to own a DH bike here in pgh to, there isnt much need. I think that the MC Battery is going to be the business for bike park type stuff. I just want to keep a extremely tight agile bike that i can ride street/dj if i want...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
by the way, anyone notice the slopestyle trend? anybody notice the fact that i got blasted for posting up questions last year looking for a bike that had a short, full length seattube, mid-length rear travel, and big hit toughness? revenge is mine!
I am seeing this, i dont think it is just a marketing thing either, i think people are really integrating alot of bmx influence into their riding and need a bike that can handle the mountain as well as the street/park. I am really glad to see the industry start to turn this way. Lots of trave really isnt needed for alot of riding.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Jamis called... Good stuff ^ there.

Well that bike is pure Sickness.

I agree w/ the slopestyle bike concept in trail riding. Quick & light, stable & durable that is THE GRAIL of aggressive trail riding design. Transition has some really cool ideas and I like their approach to riding in general. Glad they are on the scene.

Where is the IH slopestyle DW-Link ? That would be interesting.

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
woaaaaaah..the smaller one (with the fox fork) looks amazing ....

looks like there are a lot of people who are waiting for the mountaincycle or this transition ;) which will be available first ?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
caballero said:
woaaaaaah..the smaller one (with the fox fork) looks amazing ....

looks like there are a lot of people who are waiting for the mountaincycle or this transition ;) which will be available first ?
i dunno but im paying cold hard cash to whoever finds me one first...

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Man I don't know where you guys found the geo numbers on this thing?
I cannot find them in the blog?

I made a couple of estimates with some software in my lab but I have no idea if they are close or not?!?!

Maybe I should just keep them to myself until we hear more!

Booner

ps: if I am right on the numbers though, This thing is gonna be really sick for all kinds of stuff!!!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i just called kevin at transition. he did not give me all the numbers yet, but he did say the HA will be slack and the chainstay will probably be around 16.75. travel will be 5.5. that, and the known, 15" ST. they plan to have iscg tabs and the frame is FD compatible. he said to check back over the next few weeks for a page dedicated to the frame with geo and price numbers ($$$ somewhere between a dirtbag and a gran mal).

they just got the prototypes and just took them for a ride this morning. as you can see in the blog pics, they have two frames set up. the first has a travis 180 and a swinger 4 way on the back. the other has a dhx air and a Fox 36 (not sure of the model). transition wanted to build up both ends of the expected-build spectrum.

kevin was way happy with the prototype. he says they will need some time to test them a bit more, then some time for the production runs and shipping. it sounded like these are about 3 months away from hitting the market.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
gmac said:
you mean the 'Type-6'? Last we were told is that now it's just going to be a slimmed down version of the 7point, which is basically a long travel XC bike. Maybe they'll change their minds and give a more aggressive offering.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i asked if i could give them my money now. they said i would be the first order :)

manprjkt has it right, get the shizzle ready for this season. better late than never, though.

i cannot wait. this bike has made my day!

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
gmac said:

what do you think a 7point is for?

or if you wanted a 5", i've seen quite a few mk3's set up for serious throwdown.

lovin the new slopestyle type bikes--i own an SXT and glad i got it. big hit bikes, cut down wieght, more agile, all add to A LOT more fun on the trails.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ok so according to TWISTED it looks like there is problems over in MC land. can anyone update me on this, its driving me nuts...I need a bike!

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Ok so according to TWISTED it looks like there is problems over in MC land. can anyone update me on this, its driving me nuts...I need a bike!
Mountain Cycles has "unofficially" said they are going out of business. One of the MC reps posted on the pinkbike forums that the parent company sold the brand and that they are working behind the scenes trying to restructure the company. They claim to have big things in the works, but not to expect much from them this season.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Polandspring88 said:
I love that bike. But I curse the 1.5" headtube. Damn it to hell.
what? :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

reducer cups bro. ones with stack height for a slack HA or zero-stack for a steeper option. it is an option, not a requirment.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
mandown said:
what? :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

reducer cups bro. ones with stack height for a slack HA or zero-stack for a steeper option. it is an option, not a requirment.
Are they available with 1 1/8" headtubes as well? Now that would be a big plus, and I know about the reducer cups, it just has a cleaner look if you run a 1.5" fork with a 1.5" headtube, and a 1 1/8" fork with a 1 1/8" headtube. That and there are no 1.5" forks on the market that I could see myself riding.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Polandspring88 said:
Are they available with 1 1/8" headtubes as well? Now that would be a big plus, and I know about the reducer cups, it just has a cleaner look if you run a 1.5" fork with a 1.5" headtube, and a 1 1/8" fork with a 1 1/8" headtube. That and there are no 1.5" forks on the market that I could see myself riding.
no mfg is gonna make a 1.5 and a 1 1/8 HT option on the same frame. if they dig the 1.5, the use it. that give customers the option to go 1.5 or 1 1/8.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
mandown said:
no mfg is gonna make a 1.5 and a 1 1/8 HT option on the same frame. if they dig the 1.5, the use it. that give customers the option to go 1.5 or 1 1/8.
Oh I realize it gives the customer the option to use either 1.5 or 1 1/8, I just don't see that much of a problem with 1 1/8" headtubes to begin with. But enough of that, I won't clog up this thread with 1.5 vs. 1 1/8" arguments, I can see why they did it.

Back to the bike, its a damn good looking bike. The rest of their offerings are good looking too, though I would say that the Gran Mal is the least visually appealing of the bunch. Thats purely asthetics though, I can't comment on the ride. Wish I could, but being poor and in college prevents that.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
The MK is all-mountain. 7 Point freeride @7+"

That is what the whole point of the new Transition bike. No under/overkill. Just what is needed.

My current build is on this theme 150mm front 150 rear. All coil/oil and fairly light @ ~ 33lbs.

I agree the 7Point can b built up this way. But I'd still like to see one closer to this bottlerocket idea. 4-5" travel ?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Polandspring88 said:
Wish I could, but being poor and in college prevents that.
don't worry. once you are out of school, the money will flow and so will the bikes. i stuck it out. now i got a job, a car, a grrrlie, some guitars, one bike in the house and one on the way, a place in hollywood... the list goes on. i am the american dream.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
gmac said:
The MK is all-mountain. 7 Point freeride @7+"

That is what the whole point of the new Transition bike. No under/overkill. Just what is needed.

My current build is on this theme 150mm front 150 rear. All coil/oil and fairly light @ ~ 33lbs.

I agree the 7Point can b built up this way. But I'd still like to see one closer to this bottlerocket idea. 4-5" travel ?
Or work your way up. Throw a 5-6 fork on this Soul Cycles Matador to slacken with the 4.5" travel rear. These will come with Fox DHXs, you can run FD, burly & stiff, 16.5" rear, 16" Seattube, the BB will be low enough & the head angle slackened enough to go from 4X duties to Slope.

Attachments

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
formermtboarder said:
goddamn that new soul looks sweet, id love to test one
I'll be racing 4x at Sea Otter if you , or anyone else, wants to test ride it. Otherwise, I am always at Kenter in SoCal.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
don't worry. once you are out of school, the money will flow and so will the bikes. i stuck it out. now i got a job, a car, a grrrlie, some guitars, one bike in the house and one on the way, a place in hollywood... the list goes on. i am the american dream.
:stupid:

it does happen...im doing it now...:love:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
redical said:
Or work your way up. Throw a 5-6 fork on this Soul Cycles Matador to slacken with the 4.5" travel rear. These will come with Fox DHXs, you can run FD, burly & stiff, 16.5" rear, 16" Seattube, the BB will be low enough & the head angle slackened enough to go from 4X duties to Slope.
I love what soul is trying to do, but that frame is vomit inducing...the mountain cycle is pure sex, i hope it goes into production...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
i just double checked the soul cycles pic for a closer look :clue:

i do have a little bit of throw-up in my mouth, but not much.
I have total respect for them, but i just hate that bike...its not clean at all...sorry if anyone is a soul employe...:dead: