Quantcast

New Transition Slopestyle Bike: The BottleRocket

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
The bikes are in production, they are taking orders, you can get in line, and they will ship in early july...

does that answer everyones questions?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
agreed about the mini-link. i wanted one of those frames. i just did not want to pay the price for one. i also wanted a bit more seatpost length. this will do the trick nicely.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
LeRoy said:
Was the BMW mini-link ahead of its time or what? It's amazing how the tables turn.

Good visionary work at 16 powers st.
you know i was just thinking the same thing...the bmw minilink is beautiful, just seems a bit over complicated and expensive for my usage...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
agreed about the mini-link. i wanted one of those frames. i just did not want to pay the price for one. i also wanted a bit more seatpost length. this will do the trick nicely.
hahahha we just wrote the same thing in different words...same wave length...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
we must have been split at birth. i think you are the evil twin, judging by the number of red squares you have and the fact that i still have a green square :thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
we must have been split at birth. i think you are the evil twin, judging by the number of red squares you have and the fact that i still have a green square :thumb:
Yeah the lounge rats dont like me...I prefer to hang out over here...

I want my bottle rocket damnit...Putting a dhx on back order today, that pic above with the dhx looks soooo solid!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
at 6'1" i am going for a large. the chart says i should go medium. i want a more trail/dh feel than a trick/jumper feel. at a 24" TTT the large is not huge. the wheelbase will be smaller than a full dh bike, but still big enough to handle the rougher stuff. the taller ST will let me get some pedaling extension as well.

btw - i am about half a thought away from getting those industrynine wheels for it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Superdeft said:
Does anyone think the above build looks awful? Looks like the most clumsy build possible minus the 24" wheels.
other than the saddle, i think it is pretty dang nice. the dual 24" has me puzzled. but i do think it looks good in the pic.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
email from kyle today. some bottlerockets arrive next week and start to ship. i am praying that my name is near the top of the list. i know i was way early to order mine.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
mandown said:
email from kyle today. some bottlerockets arrive next week and start to ship. i am praying that my name is near the top of the list. i know i was way early to order mine.
I heard the first batch is being made out of swiss cheese to hurry up ship time. race version is gruyere. but it should work for you

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
great news, i have been on vacation and havent heard the update on these things, i am sooooooo stoked to get it running...I think i am near the top of the list as well...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i just found out they are shipping to my bud's bike shop. a few days in transit and a day or so for him to build up, then a few days for it to get here and i am gonna be stoked. i should be riding by next weekend!!! i'm calling in sick when it arrives :)

no dhx for me :( looks like i am gonna run the bike with a roco at 5" of travel.

werd!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
it sounds like there were none available. it is the swinger, the roco, or nothing. i heard some were shipping with nothing.

i looked into the cane creek DB or an avy as an option. i decided on starting with a roco and upgrading later if i want to.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
it sounds like there were none available. it is the swinger, the roco, or nothing. i heard some were shipping with nothing.

i looked into the cane creek DB or an avy as an option. i decided on starting with a roco and upgrading later if i want to.
Yeah i believe mine is shipping with nothing, fox is shipping the dhx's in a few days a believe. I didnt want anything but the dhx.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
woah! how did you get your hands on the right sized dhx? any chance you can score one for me? i can still deny the roco.
it was ordered direct from fox about a month ago, i am still waiting for it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ha!
i just ordered one from go-ride.com! i have no idea what coil weight to get. any suggestions? 185lb rider. 5.5 travel with a 2.25 stroke shock is a 2.4:1 ratio. someone help me with the math.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I did my calculation from experience. That is the same overall ratio as the Sinister Splinter, and I must have set 20 of those up for people. I assume since it's a slopestyle bike you will want to run less sag.

Depending on the intial leverage ratio of the bike a 500 may be not give you enough sag, or it may be just right. An online "calculator" is guessing just as much as me, as there are so many variable that need to be taken into account. Spring are cheap, so it doesn't hurt to mess around. I'm assuming this is a w/ a dhx as well.