Quantcast

New Transition Slopestyle Bike: The BottleRocket

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
suspect. thanks for the input. i went with the 450. i figure if it is too soft, the bottom out will help keep me from being totaly up a creek. as you said, springs are cheap. a new one is just a call away.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Well my dhx 5.0 arrived today before the frame, now they only thing that is holding me back is the damn frame and a thompson seatpost, i can taste it. Hopefully i will have it built by this time next week...:thumb:

Mandown, are we officially in a race to put up the first build pics?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
manhattan, you will win the race. my bud's shop is in FL. he has to get the bike, slap the fork on it, mail it to me in CA. then i gotta build it up. this is no race. i'm in it for style not speed. my large pink bottlerocket (man that sounds dirty) will be cooler than yours :thumb:

maybe we should introduce our bikes. then they could breed and make little bottlerockets.

...hmm, great idea. we need to have a bottlerocket party. all the owners should pick a place to meet up and ride. imagine a mob of us all at whistler on the same day in a pack. we will choke the lift lines with our coolness.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
manhattan, you will win the race. my bud's shop is in FL. he has to get the bike, slap the fork on it, mail it to me in CA. then i gotta build it up. this is no race. i'm in it for style not speed. my large pink bottlerocket (man that sounds dirty) will be cooler than yours :thumb:

maybe we should introduce our bikes. then they could breed and make little bottlerockets.

...hmm, great idea. we need to have a bottlerocket party. all the owners should pick a place to meet up and ride. imagine a mob of us all at whistler on the same day in a pack. we will choke the lift lines with our coolness.
I'm totally in, whistler sounds good. I hate being on the east coast :angry:...Im guessing my frame went out today, and im going for style as well, definately taking my time on the build and setting it up properly...I hate bike break in periods...

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I'm sure they will let me know if/when there is a problem.

Rocket w/ DHX 5.0 on the way. :monkey:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
gmac said:
I'm sure they will let me know if/when there is a problem.

Rocket w/ DHX 5.0 on the way. :monkey:
doubt they will let you know. they said nothing to the shop that ordered my rig. some of the frames are showing up with rocos. some of them are showing up with no shock. i took no shock and ordered a dhx 5.0 from go-ride. i betcha $1 they don't have a dhx 5.0 for you and they don't tell you. post up when you have the final answer. i'll payapal you the money.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
roco has 2.0" of travel for 4.8" of travel and slacker HA and lower BB.

the 2.25" stroke roco will be out in fall according to a marzo "employee" i met on the trail. if you want the full 5.5" of travel you gotta get a swinger from transition, or get another shock aftermarket.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
manhattanprjkt83 said:
holy fvcking mother of god, im honestly going to call tomorrow to see if i can change my order...
yeah, it looks a TON better in real life than the representation of it they did on the website.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
mandown said:
roco has 2.0" of travel for 4.8" of travel and slacker HA and lower BB.

the 2.25" stroke roco will be out in fall according to a marzo "employee" i met on the trail. if you want the full 5.5" of travel you gotta get a swinger from transition, or get another shock aftermarket.
If you buy a 7.5 x 2.0 ROCO then yes the head angle will be slacker and the bottom bracket lower.

Marz also makes 7.875 x 2.0 ROCO to maitain the geometry and lower the travel.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
mandown said:
doubt they will let you know. they said nothing to the shop that ordered my rig. some of the frames are showing up with rocos. some of them are showing up with no shock. i took no shock and ordered a dhx 5.0 from go-ride. i betcha $1 they don't have a dhx 5.0 for you and they don't tell you. post up when you have the final answer. i'll payapal you the money.

They told me directly about 30min ago. Its the 5.0 on there for shore.

Never really doubted them. Pretty rider oriented....

That brings my life savings up to.... $1 total----sweet

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
allsk8sno said:
interesting the pink doesn't look that pink...maybe in the sun it shines better

GOOD! I dont mean to piss in mandown's cornflakes but i wasnt feeling good about the pink frame at all...This coming from a guy who has a pink shirt or two...Pink is sort of over on mtb's but if he can rock it...more power to him.

white is the new pink...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
damn it. i wanted screamin' PINK!!!!! it better not be all washed out like that kona stinky color.

gmac, gimme your email and i will paypal you the $1

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
gmac, gimme your email and i will paypal you the $1[/QUOTE]

Keep it. ' cause I'm rich bitch !

Really, I'm just glad I don't have to hunt the right shock down.

Lookee hear---------->:trophy_br<-----------------

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
hmmm.... i just got a shipping notification in my mailbox. Something is gonna be at my doors next friday. What could it be?

a case of bananas?
a long awaited collectors edition Burger King crown?
a fancy Rolex?

who knows!?:D

I hope it's a case of bananas... I'd be making banana smoothies every day:rofl:

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
mandown said:
yeah, santiago went all out on those wheels. i'm not gonna bling that much. i will actualy ride my bike and would tear the paint off.
Adam, this is your best quote of all time. I am making it my signature:D

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Huh. I've been thinking, we just got uprooted to the *#*(#$@@#*@(!!midwest@*@#(@$#^ because of my wife's new job for the next 3 years (then we'll be back west ASAP). The BR could be the perfect flatland midwest do-all bike...hmmm...anybody want a Foes FXR frame?