Quantcast

New Transition Slopestyle Bike: The BottleRocket

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
wasn't a matter of asking for it. i was told how it was shipped. my buddy "did me a favor" by picking that over the 3-day which was 3 times as expensive. probably a good thing. this way i won't be rushing to have it ready by this weekend. instead, i will have some time to prep it next week and get it ready for the weekend. i am so stoked.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
wasn't a matter of asking for it. i was told how it was shipped. my buddy "did me a favor" by picking that over the 3-day which was 3 times as expensive. probably a good thing. this way i won't be rushing to have it ready by this weekend. instead, i will have some time to prep it next week and get it ready for the weekend. i am so stoked.
Mine went out of Transition on friday and its coming to Pittsburgh, im assuming it was moving over the weekend so im hoping for wed/thurs or so...

I'm going right to snowshoe this weekend with it :agree:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
mandown said:

lemme know when you get that summabitch built up. id like to check it out.. :agree:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
cool. i think mid-next week. i am guessing it gets here monday. then i gotta take it to the shop to have the frame faced and the headset pressed. i will do the rest of the work. you should ride with us the next saturday!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
my dhx just shipped yesterday. it should be here tomorrow. if i am lucky, the brown santa will be moving fast and have the frame here too. if not, i should have things monday. my rig is now being built from five sources.
1 - my old parts for the wheels, brakes, shifters and bars and my hands for the labor.
2 - atlantic bicycle for the frame, fork, cranks, stem, and tires.
3 - go-ride for the rear shock and headset.
4 - adrenaline bikes for the crank spider.
5 - wheel world or cynergy cycles will face the frame and press the headset and instal the fork.

all of the sources (except number 1) have been good to me.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am not sure what is going on with mine, i have all the parts ready to go...It supposedly shipped last friday, I was hoping it would show up today but doesnt look like it will. Does anyone know the typical time frame from oregon to PA on ups ground?

Heading to snowshoe with or without it this weekend...

Someone has to have one built up by now...where are the pics?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
from FL to CA is 5 to 6 days, so i would think from OR to PA would be about 5 days. if they shipped it friday afternoon, you may not see it until tomorrow afternoon.

i 2nd the request for pics!!!!!!!!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I am not sure what is going on with mine, i have all the parts ready to go...It supposedly shipped last friday, I was hoping it would show up today but doesnt look like it will. Does anyone know the typical time frame from oregon to PA on ups ground?

Heading to snowshoe with or without it this weekend...

Someone has to have one built up by now...where are the pics?
"2 more weeks"

West coast to East using UPS ground can be anywhere from 5 to 8 days (in my experience)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
mandown said:
my dhx just shipped yesterday. it should be here tomorrow. if i am lucky, the brown santa will be moving fast and have the frame here too. if not, i should have things monday. my rig is now being built from five sources.
1 - my old parts for the wheels, brakes, shifters and bars and my hands for the labor.
2 - atlantic bicycle for the frame, fork, cranks, stem, and tires.
3 - go-ride for the rear shock and headset.
4 - adrenaline bikes for the crank spider.
5 - wheel world or cynergy cycles will face the frame and press the headset and instal the fork.

all of the sources (except number 1) have been good to me.
When you get the bike in we should hook and hit Wilson. I wanna see the infamous Bottlerocket.

Oh the new Preston is suppose to be sweet too!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Nagaredama said:
When you get the bike in we should hook and hit Wilson. I wanna see the infamous Bottlerocket.

Oh the new Preston is suppose to be sweet too!
it's gonna be pink, not really that exciting...:sneaky:

:nuts:...

Mandown, get those wheels in the pics :drool:...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
nag - a wilson run is in order. i can't wait to get this thing out and dirty.

man - you are just jealous. i might consider getting the wheels in the pics if somebody will help me pay for them :help: they cost almost as much as the frame :mumble:

vicious

Monkey
Aug 7, 2005
5280'
ecbmxer said:
Anybody hear anything about the Transition Revolution wheelset? The hubs look pretty nice, you just can't tell how the rims are. Any of you guys ordering the wheels too?
I've been riding a set of the 36's on my dh bike for about 3 weeks now and they are holding up well thus far.

IMO, great set of wheels for a good price.

Wheels are the one part of a bike I go through the quickest, so I'm always stoked to find good wheelsets on the cheap. As dope as handbuilt wheels are, I just can't bring myself to spend the loot on them.

If you get them, just plan on finding a bolt on axle for the rear as I'm not a fan of the qr...even if it is a solid axle qr.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
it tells you at like 6AM if its out for delivery

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
This has to be one of the most anticipated bikes of the last couple years, we're discussing tracking numbers...

That said I hope to be building MikeT's up with him today. :weee:

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Superdeft said:
This has to be one of the most anticipated bikes of the last couple years, we're discussing tracking numbers...

I wanna see pictures if you do

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
mandown said:
tracking numbers only tell you where it is, not when it is gonna get to you.
ive had stuff actually show up early a few times with UPS.. maybe your frame will get here early.. but thats only if baby jesus loves you..

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
baby jesus is busy in the king cake.

i don't know if this bike is any more anticipated than any other bike. i think the demographic of idiots interested in it are just very vocal about their anticipation.

ecbmxer

Chimp
Jul 18, 2006
Morgantown, West Virginia
I agree about trashing wheels the quickest. I haven't seen the transitions in person, so I don't know if I'll put them on the bike I'm building. But a bolt on solid rear is gonna be a must.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Superdeft said:

I think the buzz/hype is more or less forum-based... as in this forum... so maybe 5-10 people. Out there, practically nobody knows about this bike.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
dump said:
I think the buzz/hype is more or less forum-based... as in this forum... so maybe 5-10 people. Out there, practically nobody knows about this bike.
do you know how many people browse these forums..??? :clue:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dump said:
Dunno about the dump, there was a huge response to this style of bike after interbike last year and they are crazy trendy, not that i was trying to jump on a trend, but the bike is exaclty what I needed...

I think you are going to see TONS of these things around at local mountains...In talking to Cam at transition they are having trouble keeping up with demand. They also plan to bring out a 3" version as well.

RM tends to be more racer oriented so think of this as the "sunday" of the FR world...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
fiddy_ryder said:
do you know how many people browse these forums..??? :clue:
I do, and that doesn't directly tranlate into interest in the bike.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Dunno about the dump, there was a huge response to this style of bike after interbike last year and they are crazy trendy, not that i was trying to jump on a trend, but the bike is exaclty what I needed...

I think you are going to see TONS of these things around at local mountains...In talking to Cam at transition they are having trouble keeping up with demand. They also plan to bring out a 3" version as well.

RM tends to be more racer oriented so think of this as the "sunday" of the FR world...
I agree that this style of bike is interesting to some people, but I think it's really overstating it to call it the "one of the most anticipated bikes of the last couple years" Go hit your local trails & ask anyone if they've ever even heard of "transition," let alone the bottle rocket.