Quantcast

New Transition Slopestyle Bike: The BottleRocket

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Put in the order for my Bottle Rocket today Medium in Raw...

Cant wait, no i just need a shock for it :think:..
Do you have to pay upfront? If not, I might be selling my Free here in a couple minutes...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Sorgie said:
manhattanprjkt83 said:
dhx's are a no go from transition at this point.

Gotcha. Supply problem or something else?
I ordered them through our shop, and I was told to basically forget about fox shox on them at this point. Not sure what the hold up is. I have my heart set on a dhx coil with a ti spring...They were saying the manitou 4 way is nasty on this bike, but im not too stoked on manitou at this point, im a fox junkie.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Radarr said:
Do you have to pay upfront? If not, I might be selling my Free here in a couple minutes...
You have to go through a dealer, our shop is a now a dealer so we can get in line. First come first serve. If you want one of these i would find a dealer and put a deposite down on it, you wont be able to get the size/color/shock combo you want when they drop.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Don't run a Swinger. I made that mistake for a while and just switched to a DHX. SOOOOO much better.

It's not really that much "plusher" but it sticks. You don't notice it other than the bike just holds a line so damn well. Plus it's lighter than a Swinger because of the alu shaft. You know you want one...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Bicyclist said:
Don't run a Swinger. I made that mistake for a while and just switched to a DHX. SOOOOO much better.

It's not really that much "plusher" but it sticks. You don't notice it other than the bike just holds a line so damn well. Plus it's lighter than a Swinger because of the alu shaft. You know you want one...
yeah f the swinger, quality just seems eh...

They were saying they might have the rocco but i dont want to guenea (spelling) pig that one either. DHX TI w00t w00t...

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
rainbow_smoke said:
better call allen at dropnzone.com quick tony!!
QUOTE]

Yep, call Allen. He may have Foxes since he probably had the first batch of them (he's next door or down the street from Transition and one of his riders wree testing the proto). Tell them Alejandro sent you for a killer deal on your parts. :clue:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
latest update - transition is expecting the product to arrive in early july. chances of getting a fox dhx are slim to none. fox is almost out of the 2006 models and the 2007 have not started shipping. the current options are to go with a swinger or a roco. the issue with the roco is that you will give up half an inch of travel as marzo does not make a roco in the right stroke length to get 5.5" (at least not until fall 2007 from what i heard from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
oh god hahhaha didnt realize it was you...you got me...

See i called fox and they do have almost all dhx's in stock, i think it might some type of oem deal falling through with transition...I believe i will be ordering my dhx today.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i am going through atlantic bicycle in florida. http://atlanticbicycle.com

i have a connection (i hate to call him a friend) there. he is gonna hook me up with almost a complete rig for a good price (and no slaes tax!!!). i am going with frame/fork/tires/stem/headset/cranks/bar-end-caps... the works. everything but wheels and controls.

once i get the cash, i may end up with industry nine wheels through him.

he was going to get me a custom painted pink one, before pink became a public option. santiago is a good guy. he puts pictures of his sack on my myspace page.

werd!!!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
mandown said:

i have a connection (i hate to call him a friend) there. he is gonna hook me up with almost a complete rig for a good price (and no slaes tax!!!). i am going with frame/fork/tires/stem/headset/cranks/bar-end-caps... the works. everything but wheels and controls.

he was going to get me a custom painted pink one, before pink became a public option. santiago is a good guy. he puts pictures of his sack on my myspace page.

werd!!!
santiago, the man we all love to hate. I think I need to send him an e-mail, don't want to see his sack, tho.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
mandown said:

werd!!!
The fact that I am not surprised that Santiago's sack is on your Myspace page is somewhat disturbing Adam.:rofl: Good news about the DHX

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ok just an fyi for everyone, fox does NOT have the DHX shocks for the bottlerocket in a coil or air at this point in time. They are back ordered for 2-3 weeks (estimate)...Which should be totally cool because noone will have the frames yet either...

Mandown, you sound like you are going to build a super bling ride as well...im stoked on mine, pretty much a dream parts kit...

dhx coil ti spring, fox 36 talas, x.0 short cage/shifter, saint cranks, saint brakes, thompson everything...

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Rumor ?

Why wouldn't TBC let people know the DHX isn't available on their website ? Seems like e-speculation until some actual proof appears.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
gmac said:
Rumor ?

Why wouldn't TBC let people know the DHX isn't available on their website ? Seems like e-speculation until some actual proof appears.
errrr maybe because they dont update the site with every shock status from the manufacturer? Are you serious?

Alright buddy, call it a rumor, but I have talked to fox and tbc as of yesterday and that is the scoop...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
call transition (like i did). talk to cam. he will tell you the situation that exists is as follows: there are fox shox out there. HOWEVER, there are not enough from reliable sources for Transition to offer them as an option. as such, they will tell anyone who asks for an order that they are not available. they don't want to have a fleet of rockets ordered with DHX shocks and then not be able to deliver. that would hurt them as a company. instead, they will tell the public that the DHX is not an option, but if a few show up, they can hook some people up. it does suck that the website has not been updated to say that DHX is not an option at this point. i understand why they have not done it. in a few months, the DHX 2007 production run will be up and running and they can offer them up.

manhattan, i am gonna pimp my ride. so far the plan is a large pink bottlerocket with a roco (i'll give up 0.5" of travel to not have to use a manipoo swinger). fox 36VANR, saint cranks, deity stem, synrcos headset, and a few things i have from my old bb7 build. the pimp wheels may need to wait. the industrynine set would be nice, but i am not sure i have the cash to do it... ok i have the cash, i am just not sure i want to spend it, but i may anyway...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
call transition (like i did). talk to cam. he will tell you the situation that exists is as follows: there are fox shox out there. HOWEVER, there are not enough from reliable sources for Transition to offer them as an option. as such, they will tell anyone who asks for an order that they are not available. they don't want to have a fleet of rockets ordered with DHX shocks and then not be able to deliver. that would hurt them as a company. instead, they will tell the public that the DHX is not an option, but if a few show up, they can hook some people up. it does suck that the website has not been updated to say that DHX is not an option at this point. i understand why they have not done it. in a few months, the DHX 2007 production run will be up and running and they can offer them up.

manhattan, i am gonna pimp my ride. so far the plan is a large pink bottlerocket with a roco (i'll give up 0.5" of travel to not have to use a manipoo swinger). fox 36VANR, saint cranks, deity stem, synrcos headset, and a few things i have from my old bb7 build. the pimp wheels may need to wait. the industrynine set would be nice, but i am not sure i have the cash to do it... ok i have the cash, i am just not sure i want to spend it, but i may anyway...
werd sounds like a killer build, are you sure about the pink though !?!... I think im doing e.13 reduction cups with some cane creek bearings in mine...Damn cant wait...

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
manhattanprjkt83 said:
errrr maybe because they dont update the site with every shock status from the manufacturer? Are you serious?

Alright buddy, call it a rumor, but I have talked to fox and tbc as of yesterday and that is the scoop...

Listen "Pal", I have a BR pre-ordered. And while I'm not saying you have it wrong there "chief". I'm just surprised I haven't heard that my order isn't going to come through. Got it "skippy" . Wow. :rolleyes:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
gmac said:
Listen "Pal", I have a BR pre-ordered. And while I'm not saying you have it wrong there "chief". I'm just surprised I haven't heard that my order isn't going to come through. Got it "skippy" . Wow. :rolleyes:
chill. he is trying to help you out. my BR is pre-ordered as well. i am willing to bet his is too. i am also willing to bet several more all. i am not sure how transition plans to let everyone know, but i agree some form of communication would be nice.

call or email transition. get it from the horses mouth.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i liked the dirt bag i rode with a romic. i thought about it. however, it does not appear to be an option on transition's site. i have also heard less-than-favorable rumors about romic's operations at this point.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I wasn't serious (see---> :rolleyes: )

I'm sure they will let me know if/when there is a problem. And what good is calling if they don't have a DHX they don't have it. Sure my RC can handle it for now.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Perhaps I missed something but are these ready for the public yet or are they still doing some R&D? I jumped on their website and I am under the assumption that the Bottlerocket is now in production and if that is the case I am ready to use the good ol' plastic to buy a new frameset.